DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"No SD Card" status and camera isn't working

Wideye

Reactions
I have a Mavic Pro that is 2 years old. Never encountered such a problem until today. The DJI Go App says I do not have an SD Card inserted into the drone when there is. And strangely the camera is not working that is it's completely out of focus, and i could not get it to focus.

I took the card our and put another one in and its the same problem. So i tried the card with my PC and I can read and write into the card. For some strange reason the drone just won't recognise both my SD card. I have been using these 2 cards for the last 2 years. I tried formatting the card, but it says there is no SD card. Just last week it was still find.

Has anyone experienced this before? I can't find any thread that speaks of such problem. It does look like I need to send it in for repairs? I just want to find out if there is a quick fix.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: davemgood
Were the cards accidentally reformatted in the Windows files system format? If so, reformat as Fat 32. The other option is a bad card reader on the drone.

Were the cards accidentally reformatted in the Windows files system format? If so, reformat as Fat 32. The other option is a bad card reader on the drone.

No, the cards were not accidentally reformatted. My Nikon camera can read and write on it without any problems. Nevertheless i reformat it as Fat 32, and the drone still doesn't recognise that it's there.

I brought it to the service center today and see if there's a quick fix. The result was worse, the camera on the drone totally did not work and the gimbal has a "N/A" as status. Basically my camera and gimbal is dead. I have never crash this drone before, so this is really a quality issue, in my view, having flown about 50 times only. On top of that they dont know yet if the SD card reader is dead.

So i guess this is going to be a BIG and expensive hardware fix. Very disappointed over the quality really.

Reactions: davemgood
No, the cards were not accidentally reformatted. My Nikon camera can read and write on it without any problems. Nevertheless i reformat it as Fat 32, and the drone still doesn't recognise that it's there.

I brought it to the service center today and see if there's a quick fix. The result was worse, the camera on the drone totally did not work and the gimbal has a "N/A" as status. Basically my camera and gimbal is dead. I have never crash this drone before, so this is really a quality issue, in my view, having flown about 50 times only. On top of that they dont know yet if the SD card reader is dead.

So i guess this is going to be a BIG and expensive hardware fix. Very disappointed over the quality really.

Aww man! That's the pits! I wonder if the EVO is having issues? I've been thinking of an EVO.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acott