DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

No signal - Does moving the sticks cancel RTH Return To Home

giosico

Reactions
Hi Everyone,

I have a question about what actions can cancel RTH when both the app and controller have no signal. DJI is saying that if you move the sticks while the device is in RTH mode it will cancel the RTH. My experience has been otherwise.

1) Can anyone confirm that RTH will be cancelled if a pilot moves the sticks while the app and controller both have no signal?
2) Can anyone point out where it says this in the manual?

Thanks for your help in advance, I searched for this information but was unable to find it.

I have a question about what actions can cancel RTH when both the app and controller have no signal. DJI is saying that if you move the sticks while the device is in RTH mode it will cancel the RTH. My experience has been otherwise.
1) Can anyone confirm that RTH will be cancelled if a pilot moves the sticks while the app and controller both have no signal?
2) Can anyone point out where it says this in the manual?
There's nothing in the Mavic manual about this but the Phantom manuals say:
When the RTH altitude is set to more than 20 m and the aircraft is ascending between 20 m and the preset RTH altitude, the aircraft will stop ascending and immediately return to the Home Point if you push the throttle stick.

That means that moving sticks while the drone is climbing to the RTH altitude you've set, will cancel the climb and cause the drone to come straight home.
As you've observed, it does not cancel the RTH
The Mavic is programmed the same way but DJI just didn't keep that line in the Mavic manuals.
Obviously, if there is no signal, your joystick movements or anything else you do will have no effect.

...1) Can anyone confirm that RTH will be cancelled if a pilot moves the sticks while the app and controller both have no signal?...
If I can assume that the controller means the remote controller (RC), then you cannot cancel RTH if the RC has no connection with the Mavic (you can't do anything but hope you set it properly and it works). If the RC does have a connection, my preferred method of cancelling RTH is by pressing the RC Pause button. You can also cancel RTH by pressing the RC RTH button (may be press and hold) or switching in and out of Sport mode. If it is a low battery RTH then you can press the left stick up (Mode 2) and it will hover so you can look down to find a suitable landing spot but you cannot cancel it.
...2) Can anyone point out where it says this in the manual?...
RTH info starts on page 13 of the manual.

Reactions: BD0G
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMvK