DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Not sure to wait for the 2 after a while or jump on it

jaysrmc

Reactions
My MP1 works fine so I just might stick with it but I have amazon prime card with no financing for 6 months and 5% cash back on purchases. This is the only reason I am thinking of getting the 2. On the other hand, I waited about a year before getting the MP because I wanted all the bugs worked out.. First world problems I guess.

Same boat, but got mine at costco so I can return within 90 days, get my $1300, plus a sausage and then buy the 2. Gotta be out soon

There is a saying in the motor trade, "never buy the first version of any new model, wait for the creases to be ironed out" ..this probably is worth considering before throwing your hard earned money at any new product.
Then again if you want to be the first one on your block that has a new Mavic 2 then go right ahead.
Enjoy!

I just purchased the mavic platinum pro I did not want to wait for the new model because purchasing any new model there are always teething problems, at least the original mavic has now had any of its the gremlins resolved by now, enjoy your flights now thats what i'm doing.

I just brought the mavic pro recently. Is there a way for me to check if i had one of the newer model with the worked out kinks?

Whilst I purchased the Mavic platinum pro all I did was connect to to the DJI app whilst online and just updated every thing that wanted updating, but before I updated I checked on this forum to make sure there were no problems with the latest updates with other users, I would always suggest going down this route first in case there are anyproblems with dji latest updates, I went down this same route and my Mavic flys perfectly with no problems,hope this helps you.

There is a saying in the motor trade, "never buy the first version of any new model, wait for the creases to be ironed out" ..this probably is worth considering before throwing your hard earned money at any new product.
Then again if you want to be the first one on your block that has a new Mavic 2 then go right ahead.
Enjoy!

I agree with you but heck that goes hand in hand with everything. Do u get the iphone 10 or just the 8, etc etc.. ofcourse u dont typically fly a phone.

I think w the platinum package the 2 is gonna be piggy backed in various ways. Motors look bigger and obviously the camera is and more sensors. Crap shoot I guess.

Im very happy w my mpp though so the price will have to be right. The goggles might be the toughest thing to let go.

I just brought the mavic pro recently. Is there a way for me to check if i had one of the newer model with the worked out kinks?

There is a website link somewhere on here that will allow you to input the serial number and it will tell you when it was manufactured.

Maybe Steve Barnes or msinger has that link.

Reactions: Colbymh
I'd bet good money that once the new models hit the street and are purchased, this board and the DJI forum site will light up like Christmas trees with bitching about the bird, hardware issues, camera, software and the app. It's the cost of being out there on the bleeding edge.

My MP1 works fine so I just might stick with it but I have amazon prime card with no financing for 6 months and 5% cash back on purchases. This is the only reason I am thinking of getting the 2. On the other hand, I waited about a year before getting the MP because I wanted all the bugs worked out.. First world problems I guess.

Wait... all the bugs are worked out?

I am sure DJI would deny it has been delayed but there is a significant possibility it has which then makes one wonder if they have been having technical problems with it.

I am late to the Mavic party and just can't believe how stable it is compared to my Phantom Vision I last flew a few years ago. Can an early Mavic adopter comment on whether it flew more or less the same when it was first released as it does now ?

Last edited:
I just got my MP a few weeks ago so it will be a good long while before I get the MP2. Plus I don't trust the first version of electronics since they sometimes have bugs/issues. I'll wait till they get worked out first

I'm going to wait a bit more the MP2 Platinum Edition with the better motors, super stealth props and 45 minute flight time!!! LOL.
But seriously, with DJIs extensive experience in the drone field, they did great with the first gen MP1. I have no doubt that they will have fewer problems with the MP2 when released.
I've had no issues with my year old MP and will likely wait another year to upgrade to MP2 with the Hassy 1" sensor camera version when prices drop a bit.
I'm hoping the camera/gimble assemblies will be inter changeable and they release a super combo package. Would be good to have the zoom for some tighter shots.

So, having been away for a bit, I see that the "MP2" expectations are still alive and well.
I have always thought that it was a pipedream inspired by erroneous/hopeful thinking that one may actually be in the works.
It seems that it is still almost here, just as It was months ago, so is it or isn't it?
In my humble opinion, I think that if one would be forthcoming, it would still only be a MP1"a" or rather a slightly improved version of the MP1, whether a platinum or otherwise.
So just to be frugal I'll stick to the two MP1's I have and enjoy them until maybe the ever so elusive "2" comes out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev