DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Nothing but problems

Ipad air 1 or 2 any video lag, is it bright enough, which do you prefer

So, is the consensus I'm seeing here is that Samsung or others + Android ver x.x are no good?
I'm just wondering coz, I haven't got my MP yet and all I have as interface are Samsung w/ Android.
Should I start looking for Ipad?
Samsung s6 works great for me.

Sorry to hear about your trouble. I'm new to this board as well. My Son and I just got our Mavic 3 days ago and we use an iPhone 6S. Knock on wood everything has been flawless and we are really enjoying it. Hang in there and these forums are alway great for problem solving. Once you get it sorted out you'll LOVE it.
Best of luck,
Randy

iPhone 6s hasn't given me any problem either.

Im at a loss. Ive had this drone less than a week. Every time i try to fly it something goes wrong. What is the point in having a drone that is so fussy that its not reliable. This time, i go to fly and dji go 4 crashes every time i turn motors on to fly. Relaunch it, immediately crashes. Tried updating, reinstall, clearing app data. Im really bummed. I was so excited to finally have the money for this thing. Its caused me nothing but heartache. It flashes a real quick message where it says "go fly". Init map error and data rw error. I downloaded litchi but i ran out of daylight and im not flying indoors. Im just about done trying.
I just got off a chat with dji and got a list of devises they say are recommended. This is the list they gave me.
3dae0b288fb2536cea911a5b712d29bd.jpg

I hope this image shows up. If it doesn't, sorry. None the less, i too have been having issues with the app crashing. That's why i contacted them. He did tell me they are aware of the issues with the s7 edge and are working on it. Thing is, before i updated my phone to android nougat, i never had an app crash. Now, it'll crash at least 4 times on one battery. Thankfully, the drone hasn't fully disconnected and i was always able to reestablish the connection with no issues but, until they update the app, i wont fly with the s7 edge. Going to my lg g3 until they fix it.

I'm using a locked LG Stylo 2. Bought it from Amazon for 90$ just to use with the Mavic, and it works like a charm so far. Haven't run into any issues yet.

The main thing was I had to learn the easy way to bypass activation. It's actually a pretty nice phone.

Instead of giving up completely, why not load up the back up of your stock ROM and see how it goes? If you've been using ROMs for any length of time, you know how much of a pain they can be sometimes. I've used my Pixel and my Samsung tab s2 and haven't had any issues. My Moto Z has had a couple of disconnects, but the others have been great.

I think im done. Im not buying an apple device just to fly this drone. Today, i cant even get my phone to detect the remote. Its always something. I like to take sunset pictures. I cant have a drone that i have to troubleshoot like this every time. If i can even get it to work, the sun would be down by then anyway. Im glad i bought it on a credit card. So i have more buyer protection options. I dont want this anymore.
Have you replaced the cable?
GPS works without a plan

I just got off a chat with dji and got a list of devises they say are recommended. This is the list they gave me.
3dae0b288fb2536cea911a5b712d29bd.jpg

I hope this image shows up. If it doesn't, sorry. None the less, i too have been having issues with the app crashing. That's why i contacted them. He did tell me they are aware of the issues with the s7 edge and are working on it. Thing is, before i updated my phone to android nougat, i never had an app crash. Now, it'll crash at least 4 times on one battery. Thankfully, the drone hasn't fully disconnected and i was always able to reestablish the connection with no issues but, until they update the app, i wont fly with the s7 edge. Going to my lg g3 until they fix it.
No matter if you loose the app or not it will always come home my cell died in the middle of 2 miles out i also seemed to have lost my knobs so you figure no mobile device noGo 4 app and the control knobs froze i thought i was dead i can understand app and mobile device but controller knobs and RTH on controller are one..i was freaking i said im totally lost i sat for few min and said ill try the RTH on controller prob wont work cuz gut no knobs to stir with i tryed and that lovely beep beep came on and it came home... how and why???

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21