DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NVIDIA Shield K1 Case

budfroggy

Reactions
So I decided to go with the Shield K1 for my tablet of choice for my Mavic. What is the best case to use for it? If I went with a case with a magnet on it for the cover, will it cause interference with anything? I plan on 3D printing a mount to the back of it designed by @halley so ill need that area as well to mount on the back.

Thanks for any advice!

If I went with a case with a magnet on it for the cover, will it cause interference with anything?

Amazon.com: shield k1 case

The magnets are usually in the flexible flap, and the steel is usually in the stiff plastic case part. (Android will sense the magnet and wake when the flap is opened, and sleep when closed, in such cases.)

If you fold the flexible flap up to close the case, or if you fold it all the way behind the case, the magnets can interfere and you will get STICK EMI 1 errors on the R/C controller screen. I fold the lid in thirds or let it hang down. No problems.

If you fold the flexible flap up to close the case, or if you fold it all the way behind the case, the magnets can interfere and you will get STICK EMI 1 errors on the R/C controller screen. I fold the lid in thirds or let it hang down. No problems.

Great, Thanks! Which case in particular are you using?

I've gotten a couple from JP sellers, to test different prototypes or go without Mavic modifications; they're almost all identical really, with different branding. That search page has MoKo, Fintie, ProCase, Infiland, etc., but they are seriously all from the same chinese factory.

That search page has MoKo, Fintie, ProCase, Infiland, etc., but they are seriously all from the same chinese factory

Sounds good, thanks again! I'll probably just go with the Fintie. Looking forward to giving your mount a try, I like the slim profile and the fact it doesn't obstruct RC screen. No issues with holding, balance or controls/buttons distance from fingers/thumbs?

I tend to keep the whole affair in my lap or on a table in front of me. Works quite well. I am developing a new style of the same idea which allows there to be more room between sticks and screen... while still fitting nicely in your pack.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BLEKOK