DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NW Florida - No Fun Zone

DBnFL

Reactions
So I live in probably one of the worst locations in the US when it comes to recreational drone flying. I have submitted a few request through drone zone to fly from a local park on the bay side within the East-West corridor - East section. My request was denied citing Class D airspace, however the launch location is outside Class D and located in the Class E MOA. This is a part 93 airspace which according to referendum released by Eglin AFB in 2017 on sUAS operation, which hasn't been updated to my knowledge since then, only states FAA authorization is required. So I have tried unsuccessfully to receive authorization for weekend flight on two separate occasions. LAANC is obviously not helpful as it is not currently available in this area. Furthermore, LAANC grids are almost entirely over water.

I would like to be able to enjoy the beautiful scenery of the area, but doing so appears to be tough as a recreational drone pilot. I am planning on taking the part 107 test soon, but I am still somewhat concerned that gaining authorization to fly may be a tedious process.

Does anyone with more experience, have any advice or words of encouragement as to how I can enjoy flying in the area ?

Thank you,

Attachments

• 2020-05-26 15.00.52 www.arcgis.com 1021538b8e67.png
    2020-05-26 15.00.52 www.arcgis.com 1021538b8e67.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 18
  • Sky-Vector-NWFL.PNG
    Sky-Vector-NWFL.PNG
    3 MB · Views: 18
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics