DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NYC West Side In 4K "Incredible City"

Going to NYC on Thursday and bringing my Mavic with me, but i'm sure the whole city is a NFZ or am i mistaking?
you will find some spots along the west and east side of NYC you can fly over the river
enjoy your trip
go a little north up the Hudson River

This is a good spot

Yeah, I'm in Manhatten on business in about ten days and will only have one evening free to fly (and maybe 1 morning early). I'm staying near Times Square. How can I find these little spots? I appreciate the info...I struggle to make any sense of the different map apps.

Yeah, I'm in Manhatten on business in about ten days and will only have one evening free to fly (and maybe 1 morning early). I'm staying near Times Square. How can I find these little spots? I appreciate the info...I struggle to make any sense of the different map apps.
I use Airmap and you can also take the ferry from several parts of the west side over to New jersey and what a wonderful view of the city. Then just fly across. also do an youtube search of NYC drone flights you'll find a lot and then check air map to see what zone your in. keep in mind i ask the local police most have no idea and just tell me "as long as you follow the rules " they have no idea
have fun and enjoy NYC
Weehawken, New Jersey

Reactions: eskadrone
I use Airmap and you can also take the ferry from several parts of the west side over to New jersey and what a wonderful view of the city. Then just fly across. also do an youtube search of NYC drone flights you'll find a lot and then check air map to see what zone your in. keep in mind i ask the local police most have no idea and just tell me "as long as you follow the rules " they have no idea
have fun and enjoy NYC
Weehawken, New Jersey

I get out there about once a month, so lots of chances to "redo" if it doesn't work out this time. This is just my first time with the Mavic.

Thanks map doesn't mean anything to me...what am I missing? LOL

IMG_3110.jpg

zoom in more outside manhattan island
check out from the jersey side and also the northern part of roosevelt island you can also fly over from queens piers

Thanks, Jimmy.

Vacation was fantastic. Was very happy I got to fly the MP. Now that I have filmed over there, Florida seems blah and flat with nothing interesting to film.

I was back the Friday before Memorial Day. I wish I would've known you were in town. I would have loved to meet you in person finally. Let me know when you will be down again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2