DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Obstacle detected while navigating...

sozi81

Reactions
Hello,
today, in a sunny day, while navigating at 100 meters height... 22 km/h
the drone stopped suddenly because detected an obstacle!
Obviously there was any thing in front of the drone.

Did this happen to you? Is known why this could occur?

Thanks

Well reported, that the sun can cause the forward sensors to detect it as an obstacle, you can shut off the obstacle avoidance to avoid the issue.

Usually occurs when the sun is low in the horizon.

If you have obstacle avoidance enable in RTH, then the MP could detect the sun and stop, raise in height to go over the sun, stop, raise,..... and be a real problem, not making forward progress, something to keep in mind, in your settings.

Hello,
today, in a sunny day, while navigating at 100 meters height... 22 km/h
the drone stopped suddenly because detected an obstacle!
Obviously there was any thing in front of the drone.

Did this happen to you? Is known why this could occur?

Thanks
I had that experience one time. The MP just refused to go forward with no obstructions within 100 feet or more. is have to check my logs to be sure, but I recall it was around 10am and trying to fly East.

Hi everybody,
a similar, but maybe other thing thing happend to me. I was flying on a beach in about 70 meters. I got the messages that obstacles are detected. Well I didn't see anything there :)
I landed ... after some let's say seconds another drone came to my place in about 100 m and flew over my place doing some maneuvers and turned around and flew back (probably RTH mode) ...
Is there a way that a collision between 2 mavic pro's is prevented by corelating flight data in the back end / cloud somewhere ? I was online with my phone with LTE during that flight.
tom

Hi everybody,
a similar, but maybe other thing thing happend to me. I was flying on a beach in about 70 meters. I got the messages that obstacles are detected. Well I didn't see anything there :)
I landed ... after some let's say seconds another drone came to my place in about 100 m and flew over my place doing some maneuvers and turned around and flew back (probably RTH mode) ...
Is there a way that a collision between 2 mavic pro's is prevented by corelating flight data in the back end / cloud somewhere ? I was online with my phone with LTE during that flight.
tom
No, your drone is detetecting the sun or sun's glare which it interprets as an obstacle. This happens when flying towards the run on days when sun is low or bright. To avoid it from happening or to combat it when it occurs just switch into sports mode even go into settings and disable the VPS sensors altogether.

No, your drone is detetecting the sun or sun's glare which it interprets as an obstacle. This happens when flying towards the run on days when sun is low or bright. To avoid it from happening or to combat it when it occurs just switch into sports mode even go into settings and disable the VPS sensors altogether.
Ok thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu