DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic 2 Range Leaderboard

@beanbubba
Is this the Limit? I thought it was closer to 59k
I am submitting this MODIFIED CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.
You have a good thing going with your battery setup. Next time you get favorable winds like today, go take a walk towards your flight path a few thousand feet during the flight and bust through the limit and report in unlimited.

You have a good thing going with your battery setup. Next time you get favorable winds like today, go take a walk towards your flight path a few thousand feet during the flight and bust through the limit and report in unlimited.
I've been talking to my co-pilot about that. I'm going to take off from my usual spot (A), have him drive me to my old spot (B) and then fly the rest of the flight from (B) and land back at homepoint (A). Should be about 11.5 - 12 miles out. I shouldn't have to be physically back at the homepoint as long as I land the bird at the homepoint.
Is this legal for unlimited class?
Unlimited.png

Reactions: SkyNinja
I've been talking to my co-pilot about that. I'm going to take off from my usual spot (A), have him drive me to my old spot (B) and then fly the rest of the flight from (B) and land back at homepoint (A). Should be about 11.5 - 12 miles out. I shouldn't have to be physically back at the homepoint as long as I land the bird at the homepoint.
Is this legal for unlimited class?
View attachment 56679
That is correct. In unlimited, it doesn't matter where the RC is at any point, it only matters that the bird makes it back to the takeoff point within 100 feet.

Actually, if you have radio contact from point B to point A, you don't have to make a physical mid flight migration.

Actually, if you have radio contact from point B to point A, you don't have to make a physical mid flight migration.
Good idea, I'm sure that'll work! Point B is about 150' lower in elevation than Point A and I have clear los. I'll have to check that out.

Reactions: beanbubba
@beanbubba
Is this the Limit? I thought it was closer to 59k
I am submitting this MODIFIED CLASS flight for consideration to be placed on the leader board.

Here is the Video

Great flight! I’m not sure if that’s the limit, on my 58, 732 fly I did not hit the limit, I turned around before that point.

Great flight! I’m not sure if that’s the limit, on my 58, 732 fly I did not hit the limit, I turned around before that point.
Thanks, I don't think it is either, but it sure did act like it was. Another 500' and I would of had you! Close but no Cigar!:p

Thanks, I don't think it is either, but it sure did act like it was. Another 500' and I would of had you! Close but no Cigar!:p

I like the speed you are flying, l’m going to up my speed for my next flight.

The hardest part about hitting the limit is just finding a good flight location and waiting for decent weather. I have new 6500mAh battery to test and still haven’t had a opportunity to do a flight with the 2 PT4200 to compare them to the HS8000.[emoji53]

Yes, well don't forget, according to @beanbubba , position will be "time based" once everyone starts hitting the limit!

Edit: Rather, I should say that position is "time based."

The hardest part about hitting the limit is just finding a good flight location and waiting for decent weather. I have new 6500mAh battery to test and still haven’t had a opportunity to do a flight with the 2 PT4200 to compare them to the HS8000.[emoji53]
Sorry if this was covered, but what is the HS8000 weight?

Yes, well don't forget, according to @beanbubba , position will be "time based" once everyone starts hitting the limit!

Edit: Rather, I should say that position is "time based."
Time is the tie breaker if 2 pilots report the exact same distance in airdata. Statistically, I doubt there will ever be an exact distance tie from the data we have seen so far. You can always do like Lolo on the M1 and turn braking down to the lowest setting and coast over the limit. But it is very scary flying in this mode and you need wide open spaces (or nerves of steel) to line up for landing.

Here are all the limit reachers on the M1, notice Lolo's distance compared to the others that didn't turn down braking:

1545678330143.png

Time is the tie breaker if 2 pilots report the exact same distance in airdata. Statistically, I doubt there will ever be an exact distance tie from the data we have seen so far. You can always do like Lolo on the M1 and turn braking down to the lowest setting and coast over the limit. But it is very scary flying in this mode and you need wide open spaces (or nerves of steel) to line up for landing.

Here are all the limit reachers on the M1, notice Lolo's distance compared to the others that didn't turn down braking:

View attachment 56738
Yeah, luck-of-the-draw unless you go to the lengths that lolo went to or walk forward.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002