DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

If you guys weigh your batteries you will find some heavy and light ones. It's not inconceivable that there will be some on the high side of the spec and those owners will be very lucky.
I'm going to try checking batteries at my local DJI dealer to see if I can find any freaks. That with a Platinum aircraft would likely be unbeatable in the stock class.

Reactions: amalia saputro
Yes overpacking the cells voltage, but its not going to change the mah capacity correct?
Nobody else here thinks its odd that Amalia's "stock" battery capacity is 300 mah higher than any other screenshot of dji go4 mavic battery page screenshot weve seen. I looked at many and havent seen one yet that was over 3800 total capacity.

Actually it does increase capacity. Increased voltage means more electrons packed into the material. 4000mah is very possible once you overpack.

Edit: I should mention, I don't get that much into my packs, but I could see it happening. There is also some variance in the stock packs. Some are heavier than others which could mean more lithium material.

If folks are going to start over charging their battery packs, I’d sure hope they’re doing it outside far enough away from anything that might catch on fire.

Why, is it not safe?[emoji41]
LiPo batteries can overheat when over charged. Many of the issues you read about (like with the hoverboards) happen when the batteries are charging...if a failure of the charger current limiting function doesn't shut down the flow into the battery...possible kaboom.
If I were going to intentionally overcharge a battery, I'd do it with a programmable charger with controls and indication of the process as it's in progress. Not sure how you'd do it with these batteries, as they have electronics within, but I'm sure some of the wizards here can figure it out. First few times to the rodeo though, I'd do it outside, myself.

LiPo batteries can overheat when over charged. Many of the issues you read about (like with the hoverboards) happen when the batteries are charging...if a failure of the charger current limiting function doesn't shut down the flow into the battery...possible kaboom.
If I were going to intentionally overcharge a battery, I'd do it with a programmable charger with controls and indication of the process as it's in progress. Not sure how you'd do it with these batteries, as they have electronics within, but I'm sure some of the wizards here can figure it out. First few times to the rodeo though, I'd do it outside, myself.

He is kidding. He has a great deal of experience charging and over-charging lipos. Slight overcharging is not likely to cause any issues other than reduced number of cycles. Of course the risk is a bit increased so one needs to be careful.

Reactions: cderoche
My 5 in 1 charger charges to 4.37. You have to fly immediately after taking off the charger. If you wait overnight, the battery will have dropped back to around 4.32-4.33v.

So OK I'm trying to understand how this happens? Are you saying the charger is causing the overcharging Or only certain DJI batteries or both? I thought the battery control board it what controls the charging and prevents this. I still would like to see a pic of the go app battery page showing volts per cell being over 4.35 and the mah being over 3830... Anybody?... I've charged the DJI cells with a regular lihv charger to 4.35V and plugged it into the battery board and It still only showed 4.32 or 4.33V. My next test is going to be charging a MS lihv to 4.4V and plugging it in to see what the go app says but i gota wait for stuff to come in to try this.

Last edited:
So OK I'm trying to understand how this happens? Are you saying the charger is causing the overcharging Or only certain DJI batteries or both? I thought the battery control board it what controls the charging and prevents this. I still would like to see the go app battery page to show volts per cell being over 4.35 and the mah being over 3830... Anybody?... I've charged the DJI cells with a regular lihv charger to 4.35V and plugged it into the battery board and It still only showed 4.32 or 4.33V. My next test is going to be charging a MS lihv to 4.4V and plugging it in to see what the go app says but i gota wait for stuff to come in to try this.
I believe the charger is responsible. The voltage output must be slightly higher and that affects the battery onboard bms. Just a guess.

here are my 3 batteries. i just bought the fly more combo from best buy about 2 weeks ago. i had just been using the charger that comes with it but recently bought the fslabs one that can charge all 3 at the same time. maybe that's pushing these over 3.830mah...

IMG_0170.PNG IMG_0171.PNG IMG_0172.PNG

here are my 3 batteries. i just bought the fly more combo from best buy about 2 weeks ago. i had just been using the charger that comes with it but recently bought the fslabs one that can charge all 3 at the same time. maybe that's pushing these over 3.830mah...

View attachment 25877 View attachment 25878 View attachment 25879
Hmm, maybe they've improved batteries and kept it on the down low. None of my 8 batteries show capacity that high.

View attachment 25877 View attachment 25878 View attachment 25879

Thanks! have you noticed or payed attention to this after charging the same batteries with the original charger? or just after charging with the fslabs one. Also did you notice the voltage being over 4.35V in the app when you first charge? and is this the charger? https://www.amazon.com/Platinum-Battery-Intelligent-Charging-Connection/dp/B01N7FYBDL

Sorry for all the questions I'm just very curious...

Thanks! have you noticed or payed attention to this after charging the same batteries with the original charger? or just after charging with the fslabs one. Also did you notice the voltage being over 4.35V in the app when you first charge? and is this the charger? https://www.amazon.com/Platinum-Battery-Intelligent-Charging-Connection/dp/B01N7FYBDL

Sorry for all the questions I'm just very curious...
I haven’t checked. I will this weekend. Hoping to get a few flights in before winter hits here.

Took the bird out after work today. Weather conditions were great. 65 degrees, zero wind. Set out for a park in this small town in the Mojave desert. Turned the bird around at a little over 25,000 feet and began returning home. Close but no cigar as they say because the Mavic ran out of gas about 1,700 feet short of my home point and I had to make an emergency landing . The Mavic was easy to find because it's pretty much wide open desert out here. Going to make some adjustments and try again next time I can.
Nice try JManges... observe, adjust, retry. This is why we do it :)

I am jealous of your flight area.

i noticed the output is 13.05V / 4.5A compared to the original charger at 13.05 / 3.83A.

726e7ee1d08df4e31adb4f790b871c2f.jpg

Reactions: chazz and lolo780
What would be interesting to see is a watt second graph from a full discharge of one of these 4000+ packs.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jigjjihhwohekjgh2857