DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

Yeah DB, ZERO Autoland actually. I didn't even think about it. But I didn't get any warnings at all. No critical battery or autoland anything. I was sweating bullets though as I made the last 1,000'!

When I finally out it down the battery was off. It was just running on the external.

That same flight when I started it was charging the battery so I had to do three "up and downs" to get the battery to stay on. Once I did I just said "F It". Even though I knew it wasn't ideal. And the wind was blowing 7mph into my face. I elected to go up to 400' to see if it was better and it was.

I got a steady push back, and did the gradual approach on the descent. I found this is the best way on my Phantoms and this is my first time trying this on my Mavic. I went 32mph into the wind, and gradually climbed to 350'+ on the way out and descended the same on the way back.

I'm pretty proud of this flight. I feel like I could beat the record.

I want to try two 5.2's or I have thought about a 5.2 and a 4.0? Just wasn't sure if that's possible.

I ran a 5.2 and a 4.0 saddle bag style on the phantom serious, but for the Mavic I would suggest doing both under the belly or one on top one on bottom if you're going to mismatch the weight

Yeah DB, ZERO Autoland actually. I didn't even think about it. But I didn't get any warnings at all. No critical battery or autoland anything. I was sweating bullets though as I made the last 1,000'!

When I finally out it down the battery was off. It was just running on the external.

That same flight when I started it was charging the battery so I had to do three "up and downs" to get the battery to stay on. Once I did I just said "F It". Even though I knew it wasn't ideal. And the wind was blowing 7mph into my face. I elected to go up to 400' to see if it was better and it was.

I got a steady push back, and did the gradual approach on the descent. I found this is the best way on my Phantoms and this is my first time trying this on my Mavic. I went 32mph into the wind, and gradually climbed to 350'+ on the way out and descended the same on the way back.

I'm pretty proud of this flight. I feel like I could beat the record.

I want to try two 5.2's or I have thought about a 5.2 and a 4.0? Just wasn't sure if that's possible.

Nice flight TLS! How did you get it to stop autoland?

Nice flight TLS! How did you get it to stop autoland?

Well I have it set to use a non-DJI battery. But honestly I never really thought about it until DB asked. I flew straight back, and even hovered a little before landing. I was at 2% landing and the main battery was off. It was running straight on the external so who knows.

Before I switch it to allow non-DJI batteries, I would just get battery errors and couldn't even fly with an external. Not sure why. Now it seems it will fly almost without a DJI battery.

Well I have it set to use a non-DJI battery. But honestly I never really thought about it until DB asked. I flew straight back, and even hovered a little before landing. I was at 2% landing and the main battery was off. It was running straight on the external so who knows.

Before I switch it to allow non-DJI batteries, I would just get battery errors and couldn't even fly with an external. Not sure why. Now it seems it will fly almost without a DJI battery.

That's very odd and awesome...I wonder if the DJI battery was off the whole flight? Do you happen to have the airdata link so i can check it out please?

That's very odd and awesome...I wonder if the DJI battery was off the whole flight? Do you happen to have the airdata link so i can check it out please?
WOW we must have ESPN? or whatever that is called. I've never used Airdata, but I "could" feel the ask coming so I went ahead with it! haha. Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

WOW we must have ESPN? or whatever that is called. I've never used Airdata, but I "could" feel the ask coming so I went ahead with it! haha. Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones
Nice flight. Seeing you turned around at 51% it doesn't seem like the wind helped you at all on the way back. Your airdata link doesn't have the in-flight wind or wind map so hard to see which way the wind was blowing but if you had a tailwind, you should have gotten back with more than 2%.

Nice flight. Seeing you turned around at 51% it doesn't seem like the wind helped you at all on the way back. Your airdata link doesn't have the in-flight wind or wind map so hard to see which way the wind was blowing but if you had a tailwind, you should have gotten back with more than 2%.

I was basing that assumption on i was trying to get 32mph on the way out and it was showing 69% throttle. On the way back it was 50% to 55% ish. It just felt like i was moving home faster and with less effort.

@Ed209 do you think the main battery was off? It couldn't be right?

Also my app showed 48% right after the turn around. I was freaking out, so I am shooting my memory.

I was basing that assumption on i was trying to get 32mph on the way out and it was showing 69% throttle. On the way back it was 50% to 55% ish. It just felt like i was moving home faster and with less effort.

Also my app showed 48% right after the turn around. I was freaking out, so I am shooting my memory.
Plus, the Airdata shows 1% landing. But I did let it hover a bit before landing. But you guys see no warnings right? No Auto landing, no weirdness. I feel like sense i adjusted the "non-DJI Battery" settings its been must more stable.

Plus, the Airdata shows 1% landing. But I did let it hover a bit before landing. But you guys see no warnings right? No Auto landing, no weirdness. I feel like sense i adjusted the "non-DJI Battery" settings its been must more stable.
I don't see any auto landing warnings. i wonder how that happened? I see that it shows individual cell voltage so i guess it was at least seeing the DJI battery...I'm confused and id like to know how this happened.

Ok that makes sense. Usually the in flight wind will give you a good idea of wind direction.

The notifications shows you were at 51% @ max distance.

Was your DJI battery drained when you got back? That would be the easy way to tell if it was off the whole time.

Ok that makes sense. Usually the in flight wind will give you a good idea of wind direction.

Was your DJI battery drained when you got back? That would be the easy way to tell if it was off the whole time.

Could it have been off? It's showing the individual cell voltage at 30min the end of the flight...

Could it have been off? It's showing the individual cell voltage at 30min the end of the flight...

I don't know the behavior with non DJI battery enabled. But really, if your DJI battery was off then it would have a full charge when you landed. [emoji848]

Yes it was off, and deader than a door nail. I guess that makes sense. It was utilizing the External shortly before being back.

But it never gave me any warnings, like zero. As you can see.

Honestly I was prepping myself to fight it from the autoland.

I don't know the behavior with non DJI battery enabled. But really, if your DJI battery was off then it would have a full charge when you landed. [emoji848]

You're right it was dead.

Maybe worth mentioning.... prior to the flight, I started the Mavic and battery, then plugged in the external, noticed it started charging the Mack battery, which has become the norm. I fly it for a few minutes to drain the external down, then land, then restart the smart battery until it stays on. Obviously these LIHV's have a higher voltage than the Mavic when both fully charged and I have to let some air out of the External first then it's all good.

Lastly, I would think it would just be on my old batteries... but it's not. Even my less than 5 cycle battery does this? Have to let some air out and hen turn it on and then fly. It's annoying

Reactions: Soft7
Normal for the DJI battery to shut off at the BMS low voltage cutoff. What I do is start the Mavic on a non flight external lipo battery to warm it up and acquire satellites. Turn the DJI battery on and immediately swap over to the HV battery and lift off ASAP.

You're right it was dead.

Maybe worth mentioning.... prior to the flight, I started the Mavic and battery, then plugged in the external, noticed it started charging the Mack battery, which has become the norm. I fly it for a few minutes to drain the external down, then land, then restart the smart battery until it stays on. Obviously these LIHV's have a higher voltage than the Mavic when both fully charged and I have to let some air out of the External first then it's all good.

Lastly, I would think it would just be on my old batteries... but it's not. Even my less than 5 cycle battery does this? Have to let some air out and hen turn it on and then fly. It's annoying

Still confused why no autolanding...When you restart it do you unplug the external first or do you leave it plugged in while doing this?

Still confused why no autolanding...When you restart it do you unplug the external first or do you leave it plugged in while doing this?

I left it plugged in and the Mavic "on", I keep an eye to SE if the leds are lit up on the battery itself. If not I land and double click the battery...

I feel like with these lihv batteries I have to do this dance almost every time?

Am I crazy?

But I think the airdata tells the tale. No autolanding that I saw. Maybe turning the battery on afterwards bypasses its ability to determine autolanding?

I left it plugged in and the Mavic "on", I keep an eye to SE if the leds are lit up on the battery itself. If not I land and double click the battery...

I feel like with these lihv batteries I have to do this dance almost every time?

Am I crazy?

But I think the airdata tells the tale. No autolanding that I saw. Maybe turning the battery on afterwards bypasses its ability to determine autolanding?
That's an interesting way to do it. I think most of us power off all completely.

I think the non-dji battery parameter disables autoland. You have to monitor voltage closely instead. I could be wrong...I never verified this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobsuruncle