DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

I got that exact setup with the 2≠ 1500 lipos and love it, will try for that 37,000ft soon I'm only to 27,000 ft due to nerves.... any tips?

You likely will need batteries with more capacity to get 37000 feet, unless you have a location with low interference and on a hill where you can fly craft at low altitude. You need a day with no more than 4 mph wind and fly into the wind. I use P-mode with obstacle avoidance off. Use RTH to go home and hold pitch stick full forward for 33.6mph speed. Gives you a perfectly straight return home and a bit more speed than just P-mode (33.6 vs 32mph). If you have pushed the battery to the max, the auto landing will initiate at 11% battery. You have to push the elevator stick up a bit to maintain altitude in RTH mode. I've found that a battery weight of around 240 grams or less is plus dual XT60 battery mod (don't get the one with Y plug) about ideal, where Mavic flys very stable and at the normal speed as stock. If you go too heavy, like over 350 grams, the motors are pushed close to max thrust and consume sport mode levels of energy.

You likely will need batteries with more capacity to get 37000 feet, unless you have a location with low interference and on a hill where you can fly craft at low altitude. You need a day with no more than 4 mph wind and fly into the wind. I use P-mode with obstacle avoidance off. Use RTH to go home and hold pitch stick full forward for 33.6mph speed. Gives you a perfectly straight return home and a bit more speed than just P-mode (33.6 vs 32mph). If you have pushed the battery to the max, the auto landing will initiate at 11% battery. You have to push the elevator stick up a bit to maintain altitude in RTH mode. I've found that a battery weight of around 240 grams or less is plus dual XT60 battery mod (don't get the one with Y plug) about ideal, where Mavic flys very stable and at the normal speed as stock. If you go too heavy, like over 350 grams, the motors are pushed close to max thrust and consume sport mode levels of energy.
Great tips, I will try everything, let you know what I come up with! And when I fly in P-mode there?...Is that as efficient on batteries as Sports mode ON and trying to keep the tach at about 40%

Great tips, I will try everything, let you know what I come up with! And when I fly in P-mode there?...Is that as efficient on batteries as Sports mode ON and trying to keep the tach at about 40%

If the weight of the added packs is low enough then the P mode speed with obstacle avoidance off is good. Easier to be consistent than sport mode which is so twitchy. You might eek out slightly more distance with tachometer, but will be close. It's there is significant tail wind, then sport mode can be more efficient as it allows you to cruise at over 40 with low engine power.

Reactions: Natedoggz
Do you have lose of signal setting to hover if connection is lost?

No, I have return to home set, and I adjust rth altitude to match where I'm cruising at. I keep the Mavic in rth mode on return in case of lost or spotty signal. Mavic cruises at 33.6 if you keep right stick with full pitch.

Reactions: Natedoggz
I went with the Multistar 4000Mah and 5200Mah lipos. Will run with single batteries to save weight and lipo because the lihv are too hard to find. I also don't like the battery error's with lihv.

5200 Multistar is 325 grams:
MultiStar High Capacity 5200mAh 3S 10C Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack

4000 Multistar is 244 grams.
Multistar High Capacity 4000mAh 3S 10C Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack

The 4000Mah is the actually less weight than the 2 1500mah batteries I just flew with. Should be perfect. The 5200Mah will be on the heavy side and best for perfect no wind days for max range.

What 4000mah with wind mph? 5200mah with no at all wind?

This is your round trip distance right? For a second, I thought it was your one way flight. Anyway, that's still a good flight distance. Mavic is amazing for long range.

If I ever get out to a flat rural area, I'm going to smash that 37,000 foot run on the leaderboard. Simply not possible out here in the San Francisco area.

Yes mate thats right round trip. I could have pushed it a bit further but as I took of close the lake I wouldnt want to risk it :) and yes it was rural area. Would never try a range flight over urban environment too much interference + illegal :)

Nice flight! That's great range for being stock.
thanks, I had done the same flight with the mavic and got about 300 farther but did not made it all the way back short by 2500 ft. I was running in to some wind and I was flying higher about 150 ft. keeping low seems to help with the battery and keeps you out of the wind too.

Ok guys, now that some people are finally getting their Mavic's delivered, people are wondering what kind of range this thing has compared to the P4 & P3. We're looking for the longest distance from home, not the total traveled. If you would like to be added, please post the following:

• Screenshot showing the maximum distance from home, either from the DJI Go App, Litchi, or Healthydrones.
  • Please describe the flying environment, such as tree interference, hills, buildings, etc.
  • What type of mods, if any, such as antenna upgrades, battery mods, etc.
  • Tag me in the post so I get a notification. Tagging here is just like Twitter, @JakeMaxxUAV
I will keep this list updated. If I miss your post, please send me a PM. Who wants to get us started?

1. DBS - 37,057 ft - ItElite Atlas - Battery Mod
2. fredz - 26,464 ft - Stock
3. Fanti - 22,360 ft - Stock
4. Jack - 22,965 ft - Stock
5. Ozziebattler21,059 ft - Stock
6. stratos - 20,314 ft - Stock
7. Cameron1991 - 16,775 ft - Stock
8. finalfantasyfans - 16,573 ft - Stock
9. lonewolf - 15,837 ft - Stock
10. Halle923 - 12,653 ft - Stock

Well I guess I should grab a spot on this board since they are open!

All stock- with a DBS panel.
76992e1b9a31c8130e776973123cadeb.jpg

come fly with me or lightspeed. this is next to prefect. gets a little warm :cool:.

I will man! Ive been so busy lately.

Yeah that flight plan? It's yours! Since you've shown me that place that's my favorite spot! I love flying directly over the airport. It's so beautiful.

My Phantom 4 flew I believe over 6 miles that way. With just a Panel. My Mavic however struggles to get that far. I think if I had the patience and the right conditions I could do 25,000' to 30,000' with this setup.

Also it seems the Mavic likes to fly lower than the phantoms. I used to gradually ascend to 400' and then gradually descend on the way back, at a perfect 31mph.

Reactions: Phxbird57
I will man! Ive been so busy lately.

Yeah that flight plan? It's yours! Since you've shown me that place that's my favorite spot! I love flying directly over the airport. It's so beautiful.

My Phantom 4 flew I believe over 6 miles that way. With just a Panel. My Mavic however struggles to get that far. I think if I had the patience and the right conditions I could do 25,000' to 30,000' with this setup.

Also it seems the Mavic likes to fly lower than the phantoms. I used to gradually ascend to 400' and then gradually descend on the way back, at a perfect 31mph.
Yes low level with the Mavic. I was amazed that I was able to make it out 25000 at 81 ft.

Hello Everyone! Thought I would post my longest flight so far. I disabled forward obstacle sensors and took off in P-mode (GPS).The conditions were not that good, partly cloudy and 8 mph NNW winds. I flew due south with a tail wind from home point. At 22,281ft I throttled back and hit RTH. With the head wind traveling back to home point (not in my favor) when I reached half way point (apx. 11,000ft) I knew that I would not make it back to home with 30% battery left. At 14% bat. I started looking for a safe area to land. At 10% went into auto land. I forced it forward and kept altitude until I knew I was over the spot to land safely. It was about 2 minutes to the AC where I found it had landed safely with no problems. If the winds had have been less than 5 mph, I may have made it back to home. That will be for another mission to see. BTW the Mavic is stock with no mods.

Flight Record 7.9miles 5-2-17.jpeg Return to home at 22,281ft 5-2-17.jpeg

Hello Everyone! Thought I would post my longest flight so far. I disabled forward obstacle sensors and took off in P-mode (GPS).The conditions were not that good, partly cloudy and 8 mph NNW winds. I flew due south with a tail wind from home point. At 22,281ft I throttled back and hit RTH. With the head wind traveling back to home point (not in my favor) when I reached half way point (apx. 11,000ft) I knew that I would not make it back to home with 30% battery left. At 14% bat. I started looking for a safe area to land. At 10% went into auto land. I forced it forward and kept altitude until I knew I was over the spot to land safely. It was about 2 minutes to the AC where I found it had landed safely with no problems. If the winds had have been less than 5 mph, I may have made it back to home. That will be for another mission to see. BTW the Mavic is stock with no mods.

View attachment 12331 View attachment 12332
better to be safe then sorry. good job of handling the safe spot to land.
It's always better to start out with the fighting the wind and using it to push you home. I had the same problem with a wind came up on my way back. I found a dirt road to land on about 1/2 away.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1