DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

What does that 7000 battery weigh?
384g the specs say.
Edit: that is 100g less than the MS 3000+4000 lihv combo.
Also the size (109 x 33 x 44mm) makes it well suitable for top-mounting. Even if it performs equal to the double 3000 MS lihv id say it should be good for the + 40k' criterium.
Maybe some "real" dimensions and weight would be good to know.

Last edited:
df270a792d5e3678b789f83b568bc647.jpg

91fa0b26c4854eeeac5fc8c86f777534.jpg

This battery would fit nicely inside the stock frame and then single or dual externals could be fitted.

df270a792d5e3678b789f83b568bc647.jpg

91fa0b26c4854eeeac5fc8c86f777534.jpg

This battery would fit nicely inside the stock frame and then single or dual externals could be fitted.
To me the drone was struggling with the weight and if you look at the data from airdata it was pulling a lot of amp compared to the stock even with my 3 on board.

What would think the "weight limit" on the old Mavic using Platinum props is? Meaning I have a Multistar 4000 and a 5200mah LiHV pack, would either one alone be too much for my motors? I haven't tested the new props with either external pack yet, and I remember you mentioned the motors ran pretty hot with the new props and two 4000mah packs. I don't plan on making my Mavic go on the Atkins Diet and start pulling parts and drilling holes, but maybe some slight ventilation for the motors if its really needed. Or just not use the new props with an external. If nothing else I like that they are less noisy. Only had 5 minutes to test them out so far.
Either of those will work fine with the 8331 propellers. I've run dual 3000lihv and it works fine. That's about the limit on weight for those props.

Reactions: cderoche
Could you guys post up your hover watts and weight? I'd like to make a plot of various weight setups.

597g = 97w/kg
745g = 107w/kg
1195g = 133w/kg

all with platinum props

To add to this I retested 597g at 2.97kpa lower atmospheric pressure and got 108.5w/kg.

Last edited:
Could you guys post up your hover watts and weight? I'd like to make a plot of various weight setups.

597g = 97w/kg
745g = 107w/kg
1195g = 133w/kg

all with platinum props

To add to this I retested 597g at 2.97kpa lower atmospheric pressure and got 108.5w/kg.

I am failing to see the relevance of this and what its got to do with the leaderboard thread. probably because its way over my head. I'm jus a bum who straps batteries on and flys out in a straight line[emoji41]

Reactions: cderoche
I am failing to see the relevance of this and what its got to do with the leaderboard thread. probably because its way over my head. I'm jus a bum who straps batteries on and flys out in a straight line[emoji41]
Minimum power consumption goes up exponentially as weight increases. Lower energy density batteries take a big hit in efficiency. I'm going to test the difference between 1100, 1200 and 1300g to get an idea of the best direction to go.

There also may be a weight point at which the old props may be a better choice. Lightweight and lower amp hour with platinum props vs a heavier high capacity bird on standard props.

The atmospheric conditions play a huge role. That's almost 12% more power required for that pressure difference. My best runs have always been at night time with heated batteries and I'll definitely be checking the barometer from now on.

Last edited:
I made it out 26,689 ft with my Mavic Pro battery mod (2x MS 3000mah Lihv - Side Mount), ItElite Nano Sync Antenna Mod. I was in the desert mountains and had some elevation to contend with, by the time I hit 5 miles I was 1100 feet above my takeoff and was still less than 400 feet from the ground. There is nothing out there but desert and a concrete plant so the signal is pretty awesome. I was flying in gps mode at 31mph out and back. I returned and landed with 35% battery left so I think I will try a 6 mile run next! I have included my airdata link below. @JakeMaxxUAV

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d