DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

It's possible to damage components on the esc board from a crash but it's usually motor #2. Hope you get it flying again soon.

It's possible to damage components on the esc board from a crash but it's usually motor #2. Hope you get it flying again soon.

Yes, true, but more likely to break arm than ESC which is in the middle of the power board. Then again, I managed to break my ESC board in half on one crash so you never know. If its the ESC, you have to replace the power board that all motor wires are soldered to.

For the record. I am not trying to change the thread (except for Place 11 on Top Modified and Place 6 on Top Stock) . I only posted a prototype that may be better for all involved. The OP is more than welcome to use it if he wishes to, and if not, no hard feelings. The notes are simply because I could not find any other post that would support the info that was already on the board.
Got itThumbswayup,I would guess jake is just busy like everyone else with the holidays ,work and life in general.
Putting the post # next to it is a GREAT ideal.
Just what you did ,,,Finding the post # to the leaders,,,so you could number it ,had to be alot of work.ThumbswayupThumbswayup

What about having a leaderboard flight post only thread, and then a leaderboard tech thread? Would make it easier to browse.

Let's see if Jake would agree to have @dirkclod edit the #1 post when somebody has something new to add to the leaderboard, I know Dirks not very busy and he loves to help[emoji41]

Last edited:
Got itThumbswayup,I would guess jake is just busy like everyone else with the holidays ,work and life in general.
Putting the post # next to it is a GREAT ideal.
Just what you did ,,,Finding the post # to the leaders,,,so you could number it ,had to be alot of work.ThumbswayupThumbswayup
Yes, it wasn't easy finding all the posts for the distances. I think in the long run it's worth it so we can look back at what others accomplished and how they done it. It wasn't my idea, someone else brought it up not too long ago so I decided to do some research.

Edit: Oh Yeah, I think it was @mubytrid that came up with the idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirtybum
What about having a leaderboard flight post only thread, and then a leaderboard tech thread? Would make it easier to browse.
lolo,
Did you get to 30000 ft on all stock or did you lighten up the Mavic some by drilling holes and such? I'm not finding any way that I can reach that distance on the MP as it is with the stock battery. The longest was 29895 and I was 6000 ft short. There doesn't seem to be any margin of safety at all.
Thanks.

lHNAoeC.png

Got disconnected even after spoofing the RC location after takeoff. Doesn't change my position on the leaderboard. Will review the .Dat file for exact home point distance.

a67e5dabce4dd6c3e3ab92ecb1a1418b.jpg

Zero visibility tonight, had to land by GPS looking for the red lights.

Reactions: Pondboy
Hey guys, I'm still here. Just got the leaderboard updated. I started adding the post numbers as well.

Reactions: dirtybum
lolo,
Did you get to 30000 ft on all stock or did you lighten up the Mavic some by drilling holes and such? I'm not finding any way that I can reach that distance on the MP as it is with the stock battery. The longest was 29895 and I was 6000 ft short. There doesn't seem to be any margin of safety at all.
Thanks.

Weight was in the post, but I believe it was ~600g. My new build that I just went 58,851ft out and back with will do 33k on a stock battery.

.... 32f temps kill battery efficiency too.
And others say that the heat generated in the battery when I use is adequate to keep it warm enough for almost no drop-off.
Has anyone done relative tests at different temps? Would be interesting.

And others say that the heat generated in the battery when I use is adequate to keep it warm enough for almost no drop-off.
Has anyone done relative tests at different temps? Would be interesting.
That may be true for shorter flights but at 45 minutes I'm only pulling 1.33c from the batteries which isn't enough to keep them warm. I run insulation around all three but main battery temp dipped to 13c during the flight.
I would guess the two externals run colder because they're not heated by the ESC board.

Optimal temp for lipo packs is 40-50c.

Reactions: OzoneVibe
lHNAoeC.png

Got disconnected even after spoofing the RC location after takeoff. Doesn't change my position on the leaderboard. Will review the .Dat file for exact home point distance.

a67e5dabce4dd6c3e3ab92ecb1a1418b.jpg

Zero visibility tonight, had to land by GPS looking for the red lights.

You didn't spoof location correctly. Your rc distance indicates not available. When I do it I see the distance from rc.

You didn't spoof location correctly. Your rc distance indicates not available. When I do it I see the distance from rc.
I was wondering about that. Location moved on the Go app using GPS emulator. Will try again today.
How do I correctly 'relocate' the rc?

That may be true for shorter flights but at 45 minutes I'm only pulling 1.33c from the batteries which isn't enough to keep them warm. I run insulation around all three but main battery temp dipped to 13c during the flight.
I would guess the two externals run colder because they're not heated by the ESC board.

Optimal temp for lipo packs is 40-50c.
Yup - I only fly a standard MP configuration ... only dip into this thread out of interest, and didn't consider externals/multiples.
I must devise a specific task and try in different temps, some time.

Yup - I only fly a standard MP configuration ... only dip into this thread out of interest, and didn't consider externals/multiples.
I must devise a specific task and try in different temps, some time.
Stock battery is easy to keep warm even in freezing temps. Preheat and fly. 40c plus at the end of 23min.

Reactions: OzoneVibe
Looks like they are improving their batteries at DJI. All 3 of my batteries are around 3500mah to 3600mah. I ordered another battery from DJI and got it today

3966Battery1.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d