DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

Looks like they are improving their batteries at DJI. All 3 of my batteries are around 3500mah to 3600mah. I ordered another battery from DJI and got it today

View attachment 26332

Could you do a hover comparison and see if it translates into extra flight time? It would be funny if the mAh just counts down faster on the new battery. :D

Could you do a hover comparison and see if it translates into extra flight time? It would be funny if the mAh just counts down faster on the new battery. :D
Yes, I will do that and post results.

Bone stock. Just playing around trying to get the hang of it.

b647ce8725162e34816be349257ceed7.jpg

Reactions: dirtybum
I did weigh the new battery and no difference there!

Old Battery.jpg new battery.jpg

Here are the results. Each battery was charged by the stock DJI charger, hover tested - takeoff 100% and landed at 19%. Old battery (about 1yr old) vs New battery is only 1 min 21 sec difference. Probably just the age difference

OldBatAD.png

NewBatAD.png

Reactions: lolo780
J0TMIkS.png

@JakeMaxxUAV 59,983ft. T motor 9x3 front and APC 8x4.5 rear props. Thunderpower 3500+4500 externals, DJI battery, and MaxxUAV Evolite kit w/ Nanosync antenna. AC side antennas are flipped around. 4 bars of HD at almost 60k ft!

IbWBYko.png

Easy landing with 13% left. Could have gone 66k ft easy.

vhtIgN1.png

Camera equipped.

3S75K8a.png

Mavic came back soaking wet. When it works right, this little guy never fails to impress.

ecc75ed52061bbfcbe47f44b5fc29bcd.jpg

Conditions tonight are terrible. 0 visibility and heavy fog. I couldn't see where the trees are and was in a new home point I've never flown before. To extend the hard distance limit I launched and then walked 1k ft down the road.

After the turnaround point I didn't want to lose signal so walked backwards by looking down at the road lines while pointing the antenna off into the distance. [emoji23]

Last edited:
J0TMIkS.png

@JakeMaxxUAV 59,983ft. T motor 9x3 front and APC 8x4.5 rear props. Thunderpower 3500+4500 externals, DJI battery, and MaxxUAV Evolite kit w/ Nanosync antenna. AC side antennas are flipped around. 4 bars of HD at almost 60k ft!

IbWBYko.png

vhtIgN1.png

Camera equipped.

3S75K8a.png

Mavic came back soaking wet. When it works right, this little guy never fails to impress.

Conditions tonight are terrible. 0 visibility and heavy fog. I couldn't see where the trees are and was in a new home point I've never flown before. To extend the hard distance limit I launched and then walked 1k ft down the road.

After the turnaround point I didn't want to lose signal so walked backwards by looking down at the road lines while pointing the antenna off into the distance. [emoji23]
Nice and epic flight... God job lowel

Reactions: lolo780
J0TMIkS.png

IbWBYko.png

vhtIgN1.png

Camera equipped.

3S75K8a.png

Nice flight lolo. What exactly happens when you hit this "Hard Distance Limit"? Is that what the app is showing with the RC Bars blacked out and disconnected in the top picture? Also what is the Green circle?

Nice flight lolo. What exactly happens when you hit this "Hard Distance Limit"? Is that what the app is showing with the RC Bars blacked out and disconnected in the top picture? Also what is the Green circle?
From the aircraft .Dat file, RC signal goes from 100 to zero and the AC initiates RTH. RC signal resumes a short time later.
I've downloaded my RC black box data and hoping to have it analyzed. The Mavic is really handicapped by this limit.

The green circle is a massive NFZ warning area because of a wildlife park.

Reactions: chazz
From the aircraft .Dat file, RC signal goes from 100 to zero and the AC initiates RTH. RC signal resumes a short time later.
I've downloaded my RC black box data and hoping to have it analyzed. The Mavic is really handicapped by this limit.

The green circle is a massive NFZ warning area because of a wildlife park.
It's possible that it's the Go App that is enforcing the "Hard Distance Limit" by directing the RC to temporarily drop the connection. It always seemed weird to me that the limit would be enforced in an indirect way. And, that there is no configuration option that specifies the limit.

Have you tried using Litchi or one of the other tablet apps.

It's possible that it's the Go App that is enforcing the "Hard Distance Limit" by directing the RC to temporarily drop the connection. It always seemed weird to me that the limit would be enforced in an indirect way. And, that there is no configuration option that specifies the limit.

Have you tried using Litchi or one of the other tablet apps.
Next time out I want to try disconnecting the app and flying rc only.

Reactions: BudWalker
Is there anyplace to go to show what people have tried so far to get rid if this limit?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu