DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

Yeah man i know how it feels to be hooked on something...

So it really doesn't make sense...I thought it would be the distance from the recorder home point but you seemed to figure that isn't the case with your test. But there's really now way it could know the distance from the RC, i mean there's not GPS in the RC right? And there's no saying its the distance from the tablet your using because not all have gps and it probably does the same with wifi only tabs.

When your driving in the car with the RC is the distance showing on that?
The distances, velocity, everything shows like in flight. I set a distance limit and it gave me the warning as expected. In fact you can do a CSC and stop the motors, install props and restart the motors without resetting the distances.

I tried that way and flew through where the limit should be but it behaves as normal and keeps flying. Go figure...

Holy crap man you tried a lot of stuff! respect!

Its almost like the Chinese found a way to stop signal in mid air.:confused:

lolo one more thing,, don't forget even with the testing your doing there is apparently something that's not quite the same as if you actually flew the distance as i pointed out earlier how your voltage didn't match the capacity used. Who knows what the people that wrote the programming were thinking..

Reactions: lolo780
whats the purpose?,except to cheat?

Hes trying to fix the force field distance issue for us.

You know I respect you Chazz, but all this spoofing and changing home points and walking, and driving in cars, does not belong on the leaderboard, sure it could be part of the conversation. It's not the solution to how we should be competing on this thread. We have to come up with something different. Remember DJ hoodrat got slayed for the same kind of action.

DJs claims were outlandish to anyone with a brain.

And if anyone is suggesting cheating, aircraft .dat files have high speed logging of lat/long, GPS time and date and many other parameters. Well over 400mb of data on distance flights. By peer reviewing .dat files we can easily spot any cheaters.

By comparison, Airdata would be easy to fake.

Dat files are not the go-to and not even mentioned in Jakes requirements, air data is plenty enough proof that we went A to B.
I respect that you are deep into data and charts/graphs, and they are interesting to some,not many, here. But they are not needed or required/eligible for proof of flight.

Btw, it was ed209 that brought the proof that dj's flight was rigged.

Dat files are not the go-to and not even mentioned in Jakes requirements, air data is plenty enough proof that we went A to B.
I respect that you are deep into data and charts/graphs, and they are interesting to some,not many, here. But they are not needed or required/eligible for proof of flight.

Well as @CyberNate has confirmed, the Go app doesn't like to record flights over a certain distance on Andriod. Does that mean an Apple device is a requirement for this contest? Again rules were put it place before anyone knew this would also be a problem.

Also a note for anyone using AZ Screen Recorder. If you record in 1080p, it stops at 35.5 minutes and does not continue recording a new file. I would hate for someone to have a record flight and not only is there no app log, but the screen recording stops before the landing.

Well as @CyberNate has confirmed, the Go app doesn't like to record flights over a certain distance on Andriod. Does that mean an Apple device is a requirement for this contest? Again rules were put it place before anyone knew this would also be a problem. .

Ios is not a requirement per jakes guidelines.

I used to only fly with android tabs, was dependable for a long time. When me and kieth were going back an forth with the p4 record, I broke his incredible record twice and android didnt record the log, its scary and frustrating.
I switched to ios, hasn't happened since

Edit; when it didn't record my flight log, even though they were record flights I didn't try to pull a bunch of data or stitch things together, I just re-flew the flight. It was frustrating, but the rules were simple, a screenshot to show you had a camera, DJI flight logs and an airdata link.

Last edited:

I disagree with you on this. The DAT file has 10 times the information of the flight log. There is no reason to deny a flight if DAT is provided, especially if you have screen recorded or screenshots. The flight log is buggy on Mavic when out at max distance. We have no chance to figure out distance limit on iOS. We need the tools that android provides.

Ok, I'm listening. So yes you can extract a lot of data.
I believe we was already 1500 posts into this thread before spreadsheets and analytics started getting thrown around. Majority of the leaderboard posts were already posted at that point, all using the tried-and-true screenshot/DJI file/air data for proof of flight. That on top of two other of Jake's threads that were well over 1000 posts each using the same proof.
So yes for research purposes the DAT files can be very useful for those who care about them, which is only a handful or less. I looked back and couldn't find an example of a DAT file page that had the evidence of a distance flight, if you have one please post for discussions sake. From other examples of that files that were posted, it looks like there was information on there that could be quickly changed with the type of a keyboard. But that's just my observation. I dont view my dat's
If we can agree that moving the controller or following with car should be reserved for experiments only, to find the answer to tricking the hard limit, that would be a first step, second step would be let's get a discussion going about what would be the best way to hit the limit and still come up with the winning finish.

You know I respect you Chazz, but all this spoofing and changing home points and walking, and driving in cars, does not belong on the leaderboard, sure it could be part of the conversation. It's not the solution to how we should be competing on this thread. We have to come up with something different. Remember DJ hoodrat got slayed for the same kind of action.

Oh no problem DB… I wouldn't expect that the answer to breaking the barrier would be spoofing home point or any of those other things…No way would I want to walk 1000ft to try to break records, hell I’m too lazy and would fall off a 50ft cliff if I did that. Whatever decisions you guys come up for the leaderboard rules is fine with me and I’d like to point out I’m not even on it. The way I’m looking at what he is doing is he is just trying to duplicate the issue to see what the real cause of it is in hopes of fixing it... Yeah man if the end result isn’t changing a parameter or soldering a jumper wire somewhere in the remote or the bird to blow through it then my only goal will be to hit the barrier once and then I’m done with the mav and back to the P3… Honestly even going back and forth to see who ends with the highest percent wouldn’t do it for me...So Yeah DB no respect taken…

I know @JakeMaxxUAV is busy, I changed spot #8 and spot #10

Top Modified

Spot - Distance - User - Mods (#Post Number)

1 - 58,919 ft - Unknown Caller - Battery Mod, Terminator Extreme (# )
2 - 54,596 ft - lolo780 - Battery Mod, Maxx UAV EvoLite Kit Plus (# )
3 - 54,350 ft - CyberNate - Battery Mod, RexUAV CP, Boosted (# )
4 - 48,151 ft - beanbubba - Battery Mod, Birdside Amplifier (# )
5 - 47,751 ft - **mick** - Battery Mod, Titan Cyclone (# )
6 - 46,213 ft - Japtastic - Battery Mod (# )
7 - 46,128 ft - digdat0 - Battery Mod (# )
8 - 45,264 ft - mlash - Battery Mod, Titan Cyclone (#2191)
9 - 45,084 ft - in10s - Battery Mod, Maxx UAV EvoLite Kit Plus (# )
10 - 43,655 ft - Phxbird57 - Battery Mod (#2193)
11 - 43,343 ft - Ed209 - Battery Mod (# )
12 - 42,762 ft - Gh0stxSinghx - Battery Mod, 4Hawks SR (# )
13 - 42,570 ft - TheLightSpeed! - Battery Mod, Titan Cyclone (# )
14 - 41,282 ft - marcini - Battery Mod, Modified Antenna (# )
15 - 40,549 ft - dirtybum - Battery Mod (# )
16 - 40,011 ft - Maclak - Battery Mod, Maxx UAV EvoLite Kit Plus (# )
17 - 37,057 ft - DBS - Battery Mod, ItElite Atlas (# )
18 - 36,053 ft - cderoche - Battery Mod (# )
19 - 32,808 ft - WillemH - Battery Mod, ItElite Nano Sync (# )
20 - 26,216 ft - Natedoggz - Battery Mod, 6dBi Antenna (# )

@JakeMaxxUAV please update my spot. Nice conservative 55,343ft flight with my proteks. Running pretty much stock mavic. Only removed the fan and wifi card, around 14grams weight saved. Landed with 7%.

View attachment 26742

View attachment 26743
I actually sit here and laugh when you guys put up these numbers.Its just incredible what you get out of them. I dont care if you put a
Flux capacitor on it.Its still incredible.Great Job

Reactions: CyberNate
Hello, I was pointed to this thread by a comment on youtube for my flight,

My flight was 25,263ft (7.7Km/4.79 miles) the whole session can be watched here:

And flight log is here:

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

I added some basic CC legends.

Stock Mavic, no mods, just a cheap directional deflector.

Thank you. Very fun at the end, landed with 0% battery!

@JakeMaxxUAV

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine