DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Opinions in using the new 9.7” IPAD instead of Mini 4

And if you have glare might I suggest one of these? :)

82622635-jpg.26279

That... is... actually... a GREAT TIP!!! Can be used as a launchpad as well. :D

Thank you everyone for your help and opinions.

I decided to purchase the iPad mini 4. The screen was big enough for me, and it fits into the controller arms perfectly.

I had also purchased a Winderphone the other day. I’ll keep this as a spare. I did notice the iPad Seems load faster and is more responive than Wunderphone. However, I have not flown my MP yet. I just went through software settings with props off (static) using both Mini 4 and Wunderphone.

Tomorrow Will be the first flight day. I’ll start with The Mini 4.

I decided to purchase the iPad mini 4. The screen was big enough for me, and it fits into the controller arms perfectly.

I had also purchased a Winderphone the other day. I’ll keep this as a spare. I did notice the iPad Seems load faster and is more responive than Wunderphone. However, I have not flown my MP yet. I just went through software settings with props off (static) using both Mini 4 and Wunderphone.

I guess you can't beat having both. If one is temporary screwed for whatever reason, the other is to the rescue. Please share your impressions of both! Thumbswayup

I use the 9.7 iPad pro with both the Phantom 4 pro and the mavic with the mavmount and it works great for me. If you use a phone now it might seem like it would be to big and baulky but after having a larger screen I could never go back. Bigger is better!

Reactions: FuzLogix
I use the 9.7 iPad pro with both the Phantom 4 pro and the mavic with the mavmount and it works great for me. If you use a phone now it might seem like it would be to big and baulky but after having a larger screen I could never go back. Bigger is better!

Thanks for that, just when I thought it was clear to me to get an iPad mini 4, now I'm not so sure.

What are they both like in comparison when trying to pick out details such as powerlines, birds etc?

I'm thinking maybe a bigger screen would help in these situatuions?

I have the mini 4 and use it 90% of the time. I bought it because I wanted a larger screen then my iPhone 6 and it fits into the RC jaws, I didn't like the idea of the table covering up the RC screen which happens with most larger tables with table holders.

Although the first time I used it in bright daylight, the screen reflection was bad even with my screen sun shade installed, so I got a antiglare screen protector which did the trick and now rarely use the screen sun shade. I also am a 100% iOS user and would never go back to anything else. I never have had any problems updating or flying with the most current iOS, FW, and GO4 App on my devices.

I have the mini 4 and use it 90% of the time. I bought it because I wanted a larger screen then my iPhone 6 and it fits into the RC jaws, I didn't like the idea of the table covering up the RC screen which happens with most larger tables with table holders.

Although the first time I used it in bright daylight, the screen reflection was bad even with my screen sun shade installed, so I got a antiglare screen protector which did the trick and now rarely use the screen sun shade. I also am a 100% iOS user and would never go back to anything else. I never have had any problems updating or flying with the most current iOS, FW, and GO4 App on my devices.

Are there issues with cpu overload with the mini 4 as mentioned earlier vs the 2017 iPad?

Are there issues with cpu overload with the mini 4 as mentioned earlier vs the 2017 iPad?

Have been using both mini and ipad 5th gen with no cpu overloads ever

Use a hoodman :) I use a ipad mini 4 . Ipad pro 9.7 and a ipad 12.9 ipad pro. love them all,
I also lean more towards the Pro vers, as the processor is faster and I can air play it to my 28
inch tv in the back of my truck LOL

Buy the CrystalSky, it’s far better than any ipad
Sure, if you want to spend significantly more money than what an iPad costs for a 5.5-inch screen that pretty much does nothing else.

Before offering advice like this, consider what the person asking the question is going to be using it for. If the person is going to be using it professionally and can justify $500 for a dedicated screen, that's one thing. But the Crystal Sky isn't a great suggestion for a casual hobbyist who doesn't have money to burn.

But is it better than $49 Wunderphone? If you or anyone happen to have both, we can't wait for comparison!

I'm beginning to think you own stock in the company.

I'm beginning to think you own stock in the company.
wouldn't matter if he did since its a great phone at a super buy.I bought a Samsung s6 and compared both and at 6x the price the S6 falls short in several areas
my complaint with the x2?,,I didnt get 2:D

wouldn't matter if he did since its a great phone at a super buy

If I did, I wouldn't be sitting here in the forums looking for $40-ish phones and $8 aluminum cases, I'd be in my own jet on the way to my tropical island. :D

Anyone knows this giggling desire to share a killer deal when they found something that is

A. Totally awesome.
B. Dirt cheap.

(aka Wundersomething)

Hmm... maybe I SHOULD get some Huawei stock now. :D:D:D

Such as it's easily visible outdoors.

Just found it the wunderphone has a 450 cdm2 display which is equal to the mini 4 but not as bright as the larger ipads.
It's a good option if you wanted to stick to a small display

If I did, I wouldn't be sitting here in the forums looking for $40-ish phones and $8 aluminum cases, I'd be in my own jet on the way to my tropical island. :D

Anyone knows this giggling desire to share a killer deal when they found something that is

A. Totally awesome.
B. Dirt cheap.

(aka Wundersomething)

Hmm... maybe I SHOULD get some Huawei stock now. :D:D:D
its all good,lots more happy campers than there is nay sayers.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet