DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Orange County, CA area

Guys, if you haven't already, go check out the new store in Costa Mesa!! It's like an Apple store but DRONES!!11!!1!1@21!1@!

I live a few blocks away. Was busy opening day that's for sure!

I fly all over orange county. Newport beach peninsula, huntington, etc.
Newport peninsula photo taken with mavic pro

Attachments

• DJI_0034.JPG
    DJI_0034.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 55
Reactions: OCsurfer411
Winter at the beach, my favorite time to fly. Nobody around!

Winter at the beach, my favorite time to fly. Nobody around!
That's exactly right. Winter at the beach on a clear day is great with few people around to complain or get in the way. Corona Del Mar Beach at the jetty rocks is one of my favorite launch sites in the winter. In the off season you get 2hr parking free at the hamburger stand area. That ends in May.

New member and not sure how to go about this I lost my drone in my neighborhood in Huntington Beach and I would think that another drone could have better odds of finding it. Is there any one who would be interested in helping me. Willing to reimburse.

New member and not sure how to go about this I lost my drone in my neighborhood in Huntington Beach and I would think that another drone could have better odds of finding it. Is there any one who would be interested in helping me. Willing to reimburse.

Were you able to locate your drone? Hope you get her back.

Hi,

Anyone meeting up around Southern OC? I am in San Juan and looking to meet up and learn from others. I got a Mavic air about a month ago.

Hi,

Anyone meeting up around Southern OC? I am in San Juan and looking to meet up and learn from others. I got a Mavic air about a month ago.
Sorry for not responding to this sooner, I don't go to this app very often. I live in Aliso Viejo and would be happy to meet up. Dana Point Harbor is a fantastic shooting location and I have a great lsynch spot. Text me (714) 310-0686, and we will work on details.

Reactions: HighBry
I am out in Rancho Santa Margarita.
I am interested to meet up with some folks to learn more and fly. Is you are in RSM and I am in SJC, maybe we can meet up. My son is also piloting and wants to learn. my number is 949-278-1002. feel free to call or text.

I am interested to meet up with some folks to learn more and fly. Is you are in RSM and I am in SJC, maybe we can meet up. My son is also piloting and wants to learn. my number is 949-278-1002. feel free to call or text.
Sounds like a plan, where about in SJC do you fly? My cell is 949.813.1825

Tallest building in Huntington Beach, California, as seen from the air. Video from a recent flight of my DJI Mavic 2 Pro drone.

This was my first attempt at shooting video in D-Log/H.265.

Last edited:
Tallest building in Huntington Beach, California, as seen from the air.
Hey Dude, what do you think about H.265 with Dlog versus M.264/normal? Is it worth the extra post work? Maybe you can do the same shoot sometime with H.264/MP4/normal and compare your end results. I think Dlog is a great option for making videos look striking with abnormal colors, but when it comes to trying to create real world colors MP4 looks fine and minimizes post work. You can still optimize MP4 somewhat if needed, and I agree Dlog is more powerful, but I'm not sure it's worth it. H.265 claims to be a better compression algorithm, recording more data, and I'm sure it does, but I don't see it to be very noticeable. What do you think?

Hey Dude, what do you think about H.265 with Dlog versus M.264/normal? Is it worth the extra post work? Maybe you can do the same shoot sometime with H.264/MP4/normal and compare your end results. I think Dlog is a great option for making videos look striking with abnormal colors, but when it comes to trying to create real world colors MP4 looks fine and minimizes post work. You can still optimize MP4 somewhat if needed, and I agree Dlog is more powerful, but I'm not sure it's worth it. H.265 claims to be a better compression algorithm, recording more data, and I'm sure it does, but I don't see it to be very noticeable. What do you think?
Well, I typically color-grade my videos anyway. At the very least, I tweak the basic settings. So, I figured if I'm doing that, I may as well, shoot in D-Log. I'm usied to shooting HDR stills in photograph--been doing it for over 10 years, so the idea of high dynamic range in videography is very appealing to me.

Shooting in D-Log forces you to save in H.265 compression (well, on the Mavic 2 Pro, anyway). Most of my H.264 videos have not been in 4K, so I can't comment on comparing H.265 with non-4K videos. It's no skin off my teeth to shoot H.264 and if it give better compression, why not use it? ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet