DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ordered a Mavic Air 2 in Phoenix

I found a park near me (off the 101 and Chandler blvd) that allows rc flying, so i think that is where i will be getting my feet wet initially. You have a place you typically go?

Which park? The A.J. Chandler Park I was looking at has a 100' ceiling, and still requires LAANC.

Which park? The A.J. Chandler Park I was looking at has a 100' ceiling, and still requires LAANC.
Its called Thude Park, it bumps up against the 101. Everything ive found seems its geared towards RC planes primarily, but figured its work a look.

Its called Thude Park, it bumps up against the 101.

Ah, yes. The "Chandler Bowl." I drove by once, and it seemed to be more about R/C planes and models than drones, with four or five people flying at the same time.

Haven't been flying much yet, but I've flown at Eldorado Park and Vista Del Camino Park in Scottsdale. You *do* need LAANC to fly at either location, with more altitude available at Eldorado (300' vs. the 100' at Vista Del Camino).

I've gotten some weird looks from passers-by, but the cops just nod and bike on by.

I found a park near me (off the 101 and Chandler blvd) that allows rc flying, so i think that is where i will be getting my feet wet initially. You have a place you typically go?
Found completely uncontrolled airspace just south of here in San Tan Valley. Actually taking a professional pilot with me this weekend who has never flown a drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msherwood1954