DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pet Rescue Drone Shot Down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you tell me whats the difference of shooting a shot gun loaded with 00 buck shot or shooting a 9mm up in the air both if that hit you in the head on the way down will kill you. If your drone is 200 feet up I don't think a shot gun loaded with bird shot is gonna get to you with enough force to down you a 100 feet up yea ok but 200 300 I don't think so.
Buckshot of any kind has no where near the energy of a 9mm falling from the sky. A 9mm is usually 115-147 grains and a single buckshot is no where near that. The only real affect ossue would be an eye injury if looking up. Buy a lottery ticket.

Reactions: dawgpilot
a drone falling from the sky could be dangerous as well. Prob. more dangerous than a pellet.

If the airspace above this country belongs to the gov't then the airspace above my home should be private as well.

Every 'drone incident' the pilot was doing no wrong, (looking for a puppy) and the bad guy caused the trouble. Keep your plane in public area and there's no foul.

I have and fly 2 Mavics a lot and no issues. Just my .02.

Reactions: Fearless Flight
I don't want to yank bash, but the rest of the World doesn't have this sort of problem. Government over regulation and birds of prey are our biggest problem.

What kind of a world do we live in where someone pops out of thier home wielding a shotgun and fires into the sky multiple times?

Right but in The UK you have to worry about the bad guy with a gun whos going to rob you, car jack you or just plain shoot you and you have no way to protect yourself from that happening.
I'm more worried about 33,000 of my own citizens dying each and every year by a gun than getting my drone shot down.

Pellet shot from a shotgun won’t hurt you when it rains down. It’s like having big grains of sand drop on top of you because it comes down No faster than terminal velocity and its weight is a few grains per Pellet. I’ve had thousands rain down on me Over my lifetime during duck/goose season it’s no big deal.

How would it be for a big drone battery dropping from the sky and hitting someone. Shooting any aircraft from the sky is a serious crime.

Reactions: Drgnfli
I'm more worried about 33,000 of my own citizens dying each and every year by a gun than getting my drone shot down.
I love the stupidity of this statement another lib ding a ling.
Do you worry about the same or more that die in car crashes, or the 250,000 that die each year in hospitals because the DR screwed up or staff infection.How about
Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including more than 41,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure. This is about one in five deaths annually, or 1,300 deaths every day. On average, smokers die 10 years earlier than nonsmokers.Nov 28, 2018 get off your anti gun BS theres lot more to worry about.

I love the stupidity of this statement another lib ding a ling.
Do you worry about the same or more that die in car crashes, or the 250,000 that die each year in hospitals because the DR screwed up or staff infection.How about
Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including more than 41,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure. This is about one in five deaths annually, or 1,300 deaths every day. On average, smokers die 10 years earlier than nonsmokers.Nov 28, 2018 get off your anti gun BS theres lot more to worry about.
And not a single one of those you mention was an act of violent crime, and you call my comments stupid? Too funny.

Reactions: Buckdashe
And not a single one of those you mention was an act of violent crime, and you call my comments stupid? Too funny.

Neither are most firearm deaths. On average 100 people die a day from a firearm. 85 to 89 percent are suicide.

A lot of the remaining deaths are gangs shooting each other. Let them wipe each other out.

If you really want to save the most amount of lives you could ensure everyone wears a seat belt or they don't use a cell phone when driving.

And once again, you've reinforced my point : everything you mentioned, again, is a criminal act of gun violence. Geeze, I guess no other country on Earth has gangs or depressed people, right? Oh wait... They actually do. What they DON'T have is a handgun or rifle with a high-cap magazine within easy reach. There's only one reason for America's gun violence epidemic: Yup... You got it. Guns! But, I'm done. I'll go worry about getting my drone shot out of the sky. Only in America.

Reactions: bushie
Neither are most firearm deaths. On average 100 people die a day from a firearm. 85 to 89 percent are suicide.

A lot of the remaining deaths are gangs shooting each other. Let them wipe each other out.

If you really want to save the most amount of lives you could ensure everyone wears a seat belt or they don't use a cell phone when driving.
Thank you Now I don't have to relay that info but i guess i did LOL

Last edited:
Suicide is not a criminal act of gun violence it an act of a desperate person with a life so distressed that they no longer want to live So about 19000 gun related suicide and gang Killings make up another 9000 and about 1000 accidental gun deaths so that leave about 3000 actual murders of innocent civilians and yes this is still not acceptable but then you have to look at those and you will find that 90% were Family member killing their spouse or their family because they were domestic violence. So really you don't have a lot to worry about unless you are a EDP or you hang around in the gang neighbor hoods , or your wife or kids hate you.Worrying about guns is a waste of time. Like I said you have a much higher chance of getting killed in a car wreck , or in a Hospital, or by smoking or someone else smoking. But anti gun libs have never been know to see things the way they are, their brainwashed by the media and Facebook . To bad people can't think for themselves.

Read licence plates? I think not, just about identify the make of car on a good day..

In 1963 satellites could see the make of a car! Guess what they can see now. Been there, done that!

You aren't too familiar with shotguns I'm assuming. I've shot trap, skeet and sporting clays for decades. I've hunted everything from doves to coyotes with a shotgun. I've had multiple shotguns for the past 50 years and shoot frequently. If you think nobody downrange is in danger, let's do this: you stand downrange from my 12 Guage, no safety glasses on and face me. Within pellet range. I'll drop a load of 6 shot into your eyes and face and let's see how your definition of "danger" changes instantly.

Guess you've never been in a dove field with pellets falling all around you. Just don't look up & any that hit you might sting but that's about all. Now if you fire that shotgun directly at someone at about 100 yds like you stated - that might put a hurting on you - but shooting up into the air is not that dangerous unless you are using buck shot. Been there - Done that, many times!

Reactions: Fearless Flight
Right but in The UK you have to worry about the bad guy with a gun whos going to rob you, car jack you or just plain shoot you and you have no way to protect yourself from that happening.
I live in the uk and have done for 65 years and in all that time I have never had a gun pointed at me, in the uk it just doesn't happen here guns are illegal and anyone found with a gun end's up in prison. If you fly by the rules here there's no problem.

Living in the UK myself and just watched a documentary on arming teachers in schools .. makes me wonder how long it will be until.the NRA , sorry I meant the government, pass a law on compulsory arming of drones so they can 'PROTECT ' themselves.... tongue in check??

the documentary was about the US. by the way
Living in the UK myself and just watched a documentary on arming teachers in schools .. makes me wonder how long it will be until.the NRA , sorry I meant the government, pass a law on compulsory arming of drones so they can 'PROTECT ' themselves.... tongue in check??

Guess you've never been in a dove field with pellets falling all around you. Just don't look up & any that hit you might sting but that's about all. Now if you fire that shotgun directly at someone at about 100 yds like you stated - that might put a hurting on you - but shooting up into the air is not that dangerous unless you are using buck shot. Been there - Done that, many times!
Ummm... How do I shoot at birds without looking up? ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_