Join Us Now

Pet Rescue Drone Shot Down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drone Master

Rest In Peace, Fellow Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reactions
This is actually a federal offence and if the FAA investigates this it can be a really big deal. It appears from the article posted that so far it appears that local authorities have issued a citation and set a court date.

Plus the Owner of the Mavic 2 Zoom that was searching for the lost pet can sue civilly for damages to the Mavic 2 Zoom up to and including full replacement cost of the drone as well as legal fees to bring the matter to court.

Big mistake for the person that fired multiple times at the Mavic 2 Zoom.

What kind of a world do we live in where someone pops out of thier home wielding a shotgun and fires into the sky multiple times?

US satellites have had enough resolution to read your license plate from low Earth orbit for over a decade.

Then there is cctv just about anywhere you go in modern western countrys main populated cities and towns.
You literally can’t travel or go anywhere without being recorded now.

Well thats true ! CCTV cameras are prolific. However the first part of the "uniform" that criminals purchase is a gangster hoodie.
tenor.gif

Then there is all the neighbors that have motion cameras mounted all over the exterior of their houses.
I hadn’t even considered that... I have those (Ring brand) and it notified me and provided 30 sec of video every time the house was approached (PHX metro) during my stay in southern Beliz last month.

While I am in no way defending the idiot with the gun, one has to ask, what do we think would happen? Literally 100% of the news stories are of privacy-invading drones. Even things that are provably NOT drones are reported as such. Police helicopters fly in close to follow a drone - whose pilot is actively trying to avoid the NYPD copter - and the drone pilot gets charged with harassing a helicopter...

At some point, after the public is drenched, marinated, and fermented in drone negativity, it is quite logical to expect them to react as this guy did.

And ultimately, it matters not how good, respectful, and law-abiding we all are with our equipment. The media will find (or create) the drama using a drifting shopping bag, if they have to.

Grab some popcorn, pull up a chair, and enjoy the propaganda show.

I blame this guy about as much as I'd blame my Rottie for eating the raw steak I left on the floor while I was at work...

Last edited:
I blame this guy about as much as I'd blame my Rottie for eating the raw steak I left on the floor while I was at work...

you can't be serious?? regardless if this was a drone, a kite, a balloon, or the flying nun. This guy had no legal authority to fire a gun not once, not twice, but three times within city limits. Regardless what was flying over his property. As it was, it was a sanctioned drone performing a valuable service, also this could have been a police, or fire dept drone. There is no excuse for this guys actions.

Last edited:
you can't be serious?? regardless if this was a drone, a kite, a balloon, or the flying nun. This guy had no legal authority to fire a gun not once, not twice, but three times within city limits. Regardless what was flying over his property. As it was, it was a sanctioned drone performing a valuable service, also this could have been a police, or fire dept drone. There is no excuse for this guys actions.

Dead serious. People, on whole, are stupid. And just when you think they can't be any more stupid, they never fail to prove you wrong. What the guy did was absolutely wrong, illegal, and should be punished. My point (at the risk of being redundant) is that when there is 100% negative press on drones, scaring those very same stupid people I'm referencing, you have to expect that they will do stupid, wrong, and illegal things - and feel justified for doing so. It doesn't mean they're excused or shouldn't be held responsible. But if you're going to get angry, make sure you save some of your anger at those that influenced the idiot improperly... that same group who is gunning for your drone rights.

It's a cause-effect reaction. Brain-dead idiots can be manipulated and controlled with ease. If they feast steadily on a diet of "drones are bad", and "all drones are flown by perverts that want to film you and your kids naked", how else can you expect them to react.

I think that when that judge ruled that William Meridet over in Kentucky was in his legal right to shoot that drone over his yard; it gave a lot of people the idea that when they see a drone, it's their legal right to grab their gun and use the drone for target practice.

I hadn’t even considered that... I have those (Ring brand) and it notified me and provided 30 sec of video every time the house was approached (PHX metro) during my stay in southern Beliz last month.
Yep, and a lot of these cameras are pointed right out at the street, and at other people's yards as well as their houses too, but no one shoots at them.

Then there is all the neighbors that have motion cameras mounted all over the exterior of their houses.

Me and several of my neighbors have those cameras. I installed them after we had a couple packages stolen from our porch. The neighbor caught someone trying to break into his car on his.

Reactions: RogerMav
What a muppet hope he gets took to court and gets his punishment.
Hope you found your pet.

Let me ask a silly question, in Long Island NY how many homes , commercial , and municipal locations have CAMERAS ????????? The answer is most likely ALL OF THEM
The guy with the shot gun most likely had a dozen on his house alone.
Didn't think you could hear the banjos on Long Island:rolleyes:
I hope they throw the book at him or better yet drop it on him from a drone.
mikemoose55

Reactions: Concern and WWE
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13