DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PGY iPad Holder for Mavic

PV Flyer

Reactions
I recently bought a PGY iPad holder for my iPad Air2 (9.7"). The build quality looks fine (for $20 only) though unsure about how durable it will be. Unfortunately, Air2 screen blocks the Mavic RC screen with the default setup, while I prefer to see both Air2 and RC screen as well as all buttons.

Thus I tried to turn the entire holder upside down. Bingo, it works much better than the default setup. I can now see the RC screen and access all RC buttons easily. I can also tilt my iPad much wider range and angle in conjunction with the ball joint. My iPad is sitting on my forearms comfortably with proper CG, instead of holding it on RC.

Next step is to get a shorter USB cable hopefully with L-sharp lightning head.

15894694_365291637173352_1784492263189317769_n.jpg
15894865_365291643840018_6176638859866482183_n.jpg
15823405_365291667173349_4944266798301970745_n.jpg

The default setup looks like this.
61kWR+984vL._SL1000_.jpg

Nice, but I wouldn't worry too much about not seeing the RC screen if you didn't mount it upside down... If you regard it as just like flying an Inspire, all of the pertinent info is on the GO app screen anyway.

Reactions: Pete
I'm more concerned about seeing RC buttons. RC screen might help in case the app crashed or other app related issues.

I just received this holder... looks nice, but it's crap. The arm can't hold the weight of my iPad, so it has to rest on my hands which is not comfortable at all.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: skypros
I think it's designed for iPad Mini (7"-8" tablets). I did a simple trick to fix it. I did undo 2 little screws (black) at the back of the plate to detach the arm. I then tightened 2 larger screws (silver) at the tilt-joint, but don't over-tight them as I still need to fold and tilt the arm. It's much more sturdy now to hold the weight of full size iPad.

Reactions: SuperDave
FYI the ipad Mini fits into the controller without any additional hardware.
So this holder would only make sense with a regular ipad ... wouldn't it?

A video with the ipad mini:

FYI the ipad Mini fits into the controller without any additional hardware.

Yes! This has been known since Oct/Nov last year! It also fits ipad air 2, in portrait mode though.

So this holder would only make sense with a regular ipad ... wouldn't it?

Yes, but some people like to hold the controller at a certain angle and have the tablet at a different angle. You can't do that without some sort of adapter. I personally use an Ipad mini 2 without adapter. Personal preference.....to each his own.

I just received this holder... looks nice, but it's crap. The arm can't hold the weight of my iPad, so it has to rest on my hands which is not comfortable at all.

You can stiffen it by undoing the two little screws and then tightening the pivot screw inside but it is still not great. I am going to change the little washers in there which should help significantly. I actually think the arm is simply not long enough anyway and it will always sit on top of your hands which is a feeling I think takes some getting used to unfortunately. Have a Mavmount coming soon which should be much better even though not as travel friendly.

Reactions: SuperDave
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan