DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone Screen loses Video

Vacation guy

Reactions
I have an issue on my Iphone 6s. Lately the screen will go black and I see a notice saying video lost with an option to return home. Yesterday I saw a post that said turn on controller, Drone and then plug phone in....it worked great. Today I tried and had to reconnect 3 time to get video, then I lost video with the drone out of site, which is scary for a 60 year old newbie with a wife thats mad at me for buying this "toy". :)
I saw that I phones have issues at time. Am I best to but a tablet for this as opposed to using my ipad or I phone? Any feedback appreciated. Cheers

You might be dealing with a bad cable - the one that plugs into the side of the RC and into your phone. If you have a standard USB cable, try running that from the port at the bottom of the RC to your phone, and disconnect the cable from the side of the RC.

How far away is the Mavic from you when you lose the video feed?

You might be dealing with a bad cable - the one that plugs into the side of the RC and into your phone. If you have a standard USB cable, try running that from the port at the bottom of the RC to your phone, and disconnect the cable from the side of the RC.

How far away is the Mavic from you when you lose the video feed?

It can be on the ground, sometimes it comes on sometimes it doesn't, could stay on for a minute or ten?

So my charger USB line can be connected? That answers another question I had if so.
I'm not clear on what you are asking. Since we're troubleshooting here - remove all other variables. Disconnect the side cable and try using a USB cable directly from the bottom of the RC to your phone.

I'm having the same problem No Image Transmission Signal , also using 6s.
I haven't had time to fly since then but I'm going to try the different things suggested.....If you find an answer, I'd be glad to hear it. :)

Well, I did change cables and turned on controller first, drone second and plugged in the USB with the phone end connected and the App on. It worked just fine on a lengthy flight. I thought I'd try the micro usb again and did the same order, black screen....unplugged it at the controller, plugged it in again and wulla, it worked. For how long, who knows. I'm taking a motorcycle trip with the drone and will be using it a lot. I'll order another micro usb and hope it works.

I did see a comment that I am unable to locate again about the iphones having a glitch. Im curious it it's true? I just ordered a holder for my ipad and was hoping to sail trouble free!!!

Well, I did change cables and turned on controller first, drone second and plugged in the USB with the phone end connected and the App on. It worked just fine on a lengthy flight. I thought I'd try the micro usb again and did the same order, black screen....unplugged it at the controller, plugged it in again and wulla, it worked. For how long, who knows. I'm taking a motorcycle trip with the drone and will be using it a lot. I'll order another micro usb and hope it works.

I did see a comment that I am unable to locate again about the iphones having a glitch. Im curious it it's true? I just ordered a holder for my ipad and was hoping to sail trouble free!!!
Glad to hear. Sounds like the cable may have been the problem. I'm on an Android phone and purchased a 1 ft USB cable to throw into the bottom port on the RC after several problems, like you described in your original post. It did fix the problem. But, I'm now using a dedicated Android phone - clean factory reset, running DJI GO 4 only, using the small USB cable in the side of the RC (different cable than the phone that kept losing signal), and it's been flawless - so far.

I have found a new cable and it will arrive prior to departure. I have been thinking of a smaller tablet for using solely with the app. Of course, I just ordered a new cord so I'll see how it goes. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Qoncussion
Curious about this as well. I have a 7 plus and am having the same random video disconnects. Everything else continues to function, but it hampered any potential flights this weekend. I will try a new cable as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13