DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photo button?

maxb

Reactions
I've noticed that when i use the photo capture button on the remote... it doesn't work? do i have to turn this on in the settings somewhere?

Nope, works straight. Note you need to wait several seconds after stopping video recording until it's ready to take a photo.

Hmm, you have to switch from video mode to photo mode first (RH side of the display on your phone), the the phot button works. It doesn't work when you are in video mode.

ahhhh ok thats annoying, it must be because I'm filming. i just presumed you could take a snapshot whilst you were recording!
cheers guys

Yes as the @JoostGT3 said, you have to switch from video mode to photo in order to make photos. When I first bought the Mavic in middle of video I wanted to shoot a photo and just pressed the button but nothing happened then I realized that I have to be in photo mode to shoot photos....

That is not correct. As soon as you stopped filming (check for REC on your RC) you can directly taking photos. Don't need to switch anything. But you need to focus first.
On the Inspire 2, you can take photos while filming. The Mavic can't do that

Reactions: JoostGT3
Yes as the @JoostGT3 said, you have to switch from video mode to photo in order to make photos. When I first bought the Mavic in middle of video I wanted to shoot a photo and just pressed the button but nothing happened then I realized that I have to be in photo mode to shoot photos....

I don't switch over - just stop recording video and the photo button should work after a second or two.
Switching back wait perhaps a little longer especially if recording raw, then pressing video record it will automatically switch over and start recording.

ahhhh ok thats annoying, it must be because I'm filming. i just presumed you could take a snapshot whilst you were recording!
cheers guys
This is correct.

Reactions: JoostGT3 and Kilrah
Yea I have the P4P and when I first got my Mav I hated how I had to stop recording. But now I am used to this totally annoying feature of the Mav.... Why can't DJI be consistent along all it's platforms??

That is not correct. As soon as you stopped filming (check for REC on your RC) you can directly taking photos. Don't need to switch anything. But you need to focus first.
On the Inspire 2, you can take photos while filming. The Mavic can't do that
Oh! I gotta try this! Thanks for the tip!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figge