DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please sell me on Litchi!

kona

Reactions
My understanding is that the main advantages over the DJI Go app are that I can pre-program routes and that I can have FPV fun with third party goggles.

Are either or both of these well executed in Litchi in your opinion? Do you use either?

Are there any other advantages?

Reactions: RonTheTech
I'd love to sell you on Litchi, but I can't right now because the Litchi app and the Mavic firmware are dangerously incompatible at the moment.

Reactions: Mike_Flys
Just give me 31.00. and your email address. I'll take care of the rest for you.

Sold.

That said, I have it and I have had a great experience with it. Waypoint missions mostly.

Good Luck!

Just give me 31.00. and your email address. I'll take care of the rest for you.

Sold.

That said, I have it and I have had a great experience with it. Waypoint missions mostly.

Good Luck!
So your saying if I use the app, primarylity for FPV with Homito goggles, my new mavi could just fly out fo control and hurt some one OR EVEN WORSE GET HURT?

Litchi has been great . Pre-program waypoints ,FPV with goggles and the 360 Pano features work well . There is a problem with certain flight modes right now since DJI changed some of the programming which Litchi ,Autopilot etc use under license but it will be sorted out on the next firmware update . You can use the flight modes that are not affected or simply roll back to the earlier firmware and use all of them .

Are ther any information what firmware seems to be safe? I think the Litchi-site says “before .400“ but I mean to remember having read that in some Autopilot notification they said beyond .200
All I can find when trying to downgrade from .500 is .400
Thanks for comments on this.

Right now I would agree that there are serious conflicts between DJI Go 4 app and the Litchi app. Focus issues and POI centering just to name 2.

Reactions: Budmancan
Right now I would agree that there are serious conflicts between DJI Go 4 app and the Litchi app. Focus issues and POI centering just to name 2.

How are there conflicts between the two apps? The apps aren't designed to function together and at least on Android, you must completely close one app before the other one will connect.

I've been using FPV camera app and it's been working fine. Been using it since phantom 2. I also use them with goggles. The support teams always stays updating the app so that's a good sign. I'm reluctant to try litchi but eventually will once DJI updates everything

How are there conflicts between the two apps? The apps aren't designed to function together and at least on Android, you must completely close one app before the other one will connect.
What I have been led to believe is that we set up a number of functions on the GO app, then yes, switch to Litchi. My understanding is that there may be issues in how the setup is affected. I could be wrong in that they are completely independent. Perhaps someone can clarify this point.

Litchi takes some settings from the DJI go app that are then stored in drone. But Litchi and dj go apps do not run at the same time.

Reactions: kd0bik
If you're running an Android device, at this time for me litchi was a must have. The DJI go 4 app will not run reliably. It locks up, video breaks up, and flat crashes on Android. At least on my LG v20. When I got litchi it works flawlessly, and the video stream is clearer and faster. I have both apps installed on the phone, and I'm running .400 firmware. I also run AZ screen capture as litchi does not cache the video.

If you're running an Android device, at this time for me litchi was a must have. The DJI go 4 app will not run reliably. It locks up, video breaks up, and flat crashes on Android. At least on my LG v20. When I got litchi it works flawlessly, and the video stream is clearer and faster. I have both apps installed on the phone, and I'm running .400 firmware. I also run AZ screen capture as litchi does not cache the video.

Is this a firmware issue or app issue just clarify. And if it is an app problem is it with Android or IOS?

Is this a firmware issue or app issue just clarify. And if it is an app problem is it with Android or IOS?
Its an Android app issue with the DJI GO 4 app. Litchi works much better (at least on my android) than the DJI app. I was running FW .500, and Litchi works great.

I did try downgrading to FW .400 and litchi did not work well, but I have not have time to investigate and see if it was me, etc... I did go back to the .500 FW until I have time to mess with it again.

I have an iPhone on IOS. Just wondering if IOS has the same issues with this program? I was going to buy it... But held off after all the complaints on this problem.

You may not even know yet that you are not happy if you purchased "Glitchy Itchy" Highly recommend AutoPilot. I am a noob but currently have 10-12 flights with this app and it performs well at least on my iPad Pro

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi