DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Please vote!! Capture One support for Mavic 2 PRO

Andrejs

Reactions
Hi,
As someone noticed that Capture One not supports .DNG of Mavic 2 PRO.
There is a link on official Capture One forum where I wrote about it. Also send them .DNG sample picture to take a look.
Phase One and Leaf-Mamiya Official User to User Forum • View topic - Camera raw 7.1 - DNG from Mavic2 do not import to C1

As they wrote there:

If you wish support for this camera, please write our Tech support to have your vote registered on it. We use the number of requests as an indicator for how important it is to implement, as we do with all cameras.

So please everyone who want to see Capture One supporting Mavic 2 PRO stills please write about it to support:
Support Overview
1.png
2.png

Hi,
As someone noticed that Capture One not supports .DNG of Mavic 2 PRO.
There is a link on official Capture One forum where I wrote about it. Also send them .DNG sample picture to take a look.
Phase One and Leaf-Mamiya Official User to User Forum • View topic - Camera raw 7.1 - DNG from Mavic2 do not import to C1

As they wrote there:

If you wish support for this camera, please write our Tech support to have your vote registered on it. We use the number of requests as an indicator for how important it is to implement, as we do with all cameras.

So please everyone who want to see Capture One supporting Mavic 2 PRO stills please write about it to support:
Support Overview
View attachment 44738
View attachment 44739
Done!

Reactions: erohne
Capture one 11.3 supports the dngs.

Odds are be 10.x never will as P1 does not go backwards on support.

If you want 10.x support just change the camera name to the camera used in the P4 pro series. The Hasselblad camera by name will only work in 11.3 and above.

Paul C

Capture one 11.3 supports the dngs.

Odds are be 10.x never will as P1 does not go backwards on support.

If you want 10.x support just change the camera name to the camera used in the P4 pro series. The Hasselblad camera by name will only work in 11.3 and above.

Paul C

It’s great that we’re able to use C1 on the M2Z/M2P DNG files, but currently we only get a generic DNG rendering, not a custom built lens/sensor profile like C1 has with other supported cameras. I’ve discussed this with people I know at Phase One, and they are very positive to the idea of creating specific profiles for the M2Z/M2P. They told me to encourage all DJI users to create a support ticket asking for this at phaseone.com. That way they will hopefully create DJI specific profiles for us in a not too distant future update of C1.

Cheers,
Eivind

True, however, C1 has a lot of profiles, IMO very very close to the colors required for the 1" Sony sensor, same as in the RX100, etc.

What is more interesting/concerning, is C1 allows you to see just how much distortion correction needs to be done to the files. Just shoot a MP2 and aim upwards, or downwards, if you are anything but level, the same issues that show up on D-log occur, curved horizons. Lightroom is attempting (very poorly) to add in the lens corrections, but even LR has no base color profile for any DJI drone. All revert to Adobe color. Adobe's lens corrections have extreme distortion corrections applied, and you can't undo them (which is a huge disadvantage). In all of the MP2 raws I have, where the camera has been aimed up or down, Adobe is not able to really correct for the amount of distortion without inducing a lot of softness. Adobe is cutting image off the edges also when it applies the auto lens corrections and since you can't turn them off, no way to get that image material back. Just open a file in C1, expand it fully and compare the same file in LR, look to the side edges and see if you get the same image materials.

Capture One, I have found loads all DJI raws, either MP2 or P4 Pro with massive crops applied to the files, you can see this in the browser, with the dark black frames around the images. It's very simple to get the full image, by using the crop tool and expanding the image, then you can save this as a style and apply to all remaining images.

Capture One also attempts to load a manufactures lens profile to the raws, this "fixes" the bent horizons but at the expense of a lot of details towards the edges of the images. Since the MP2 only works in 3:2 ratio you need to have as much sharpness to the edge as possible.

Personally, I have found the "generic" lens profile adds a huge amount of details to the edges, and allows you to use the edge sharpness falloff slider, which the manufactures profile does not. The generic adds more sharpness, but also brings back the curved horizons and light falloff at top and bottom of the frames. Adobe does a better job of correcting light fall off. With the C1 files, and the generic lens profile, you will need to open them in Photoshop and slightly warp them back, very simple step, and no loss of details that I can see.

C1 pulls less overall noise from the images, than LR or ACR, and has more color corrections available and they are in layers.

For now I use 1 of three color profiles, P1 tricolormatic does very well on skies pulling back a much more natural blue, less red tint, and Several of the Olympus profiles, C7070 is one I use again very nice colors. Any of these give you a huge gain over the default "Adobe dng" color profile that loads now for the MP2

Due to the fact that the camera in the MP2 is a "Hasselblad", not sure if P1 will ever really open true support for it, however recently they added the Fuji GFX to C1 support so there is hope. But their color support for the DJI P4 Pro is really not any better IMO. Still loads the IQ 250 color profile, which sometimes is fine, others not.

No doubt the two color engines, P4 Pro and MP2 are different as you really can roll over profiles between the two very often.

Overall I also find the MP2 lens less than stellar as it's often seems to find more sharpness to one side than the other. So I often take a lot of shots moving the focus point around (using AF in DJIgo4). The MP2 does not YAW in hover at all so you have no problem lining up multiple shots, unlike the P4 Vr 2.0 which still is very prone to slight yaw while hovering.

Paul C

True, however, C1 has a lot of profiles, IMO very very close to the colors required for the 1" Sony sensor, same as in the RX100, etc.

What is more interesting/concerning, is C1 allows you to see just how much distortion correction needs to be done to the files. Just shoot a MP2 and aim upwards, or downwards, if you are anything but level, the same issues that show up on D-log occur, curved horizons. Lightroom is attempting (very poorly) to add in the lens corrections, but even LR has no base color profile for any DJI drone. All revert to Adobe color. Adobe's lens corrections have extreme distortion corrections applied, and you can't undo them (which is a huge disadvantage). In all of the MP2 raws I have, where the camera has been aimed up or down, Adobe is not able to really correct for the amount of distortion without inducing a lot of softness. Adobe is cutting image off the edges also when it applies the auto lens corrections and since you can't turn them off, no way to get that image material back. Just open a file in C1, expand it fully and compare the same file in LR, look to the side edges and see if you get the same image materials.

Capture One, I have found loads all DJI raws, either MP2 or P4 Pro with massive crops applied to the files, you can see this in the browser, with the dark black frames around the images. It's very simple to get the full image, by using the crop tool and expanding the image, then you can save this as a style and apply to all remaining images.

Capture One also attempts to load a manufactures lens profile to the raws, this "fixes" the bent horizons but at the expense of a lot of details towards the edges of the images. Since the MP2 only works in 3:2 ratio you need to have as much sharpness to the edge as possible.

Personally, I have found the "generic" lens profile adds a huge amount of details to the edges, and allows you to use the edge sharpness falloff slider, which the manufactures profile does not. The generic adds more sharpness, but also brings back the curved horizons and light falloff at top and bottom of the frames. Adobe does a better job of correcting light fall off. With the C1 files, and the generic lens profile, you will need to open them in Photoshop and slightly warp them back, very simple step, and no loss of details that I can see.

C1 pulls less overall noise from the images, than LR or ACR, and has more color corrections available and they are in layers.

For now I use 1 of three color profiles, P1 tricolormatic does very well on skies pulling back a much more natural blue, less red tint, and Several of the Olympus profiles, C7070 is one I use again very nice colors. Any of these give you a huge gain over the default "Adobe dng" color profile that loads now for the MP2

Due to the fact that the camera in the MP2 is a "Hasselblad", not sure if P1 will ever really open true support for it, however recently they added the Fuji GFX to C1 support so there is hope. But their color support for the DJI P4 Pro is really not any better IMO. Still loads the IQ 250 color profile, which sometimes is fine, others not.

No doubt the two color engines, P4 Pro and MP2 are different as you really can roll over profiles between the two very often.

Overall I also find the MP2 lens less than stellar as it's often seems to find more sharpness to one side than the other. So I often take a lot of shots moving the focus point around (using AF in DJIgo4). The MP2 does not YAW in hover at all so you have no problem lining up multiple shots, unlike the P4 Vr 2.0 which still is very prone to slight yaw while hovering.

Paul C
Thanks for some valuable input here! I'll definetely try some of the other profiles, but I have high hopes that Phase One will come out with dedicated profiles for it, even though it smells of Hasselblad.... :p The Fujifilm deal is a whole different story, since Phase One and Fujifilm have partnered up and work very closely together, so the future there is very bright. :)

Sorry to hear you're not totally happy with the M2P lens. I find it very good. I'm a full time stills photographer, and spoiled with good cameras and lenses, and I've made A3+ size prints from the M2P that just blew me away, and I also have a photographer colleague that feels the same way. When looking at A3+ size prints, the sharpness is very good and even across the whole frame.

Cheers,
Eivind

I shot a few LCC frame this morning with the MP2, the amount of both light fall off in the F 2.8 to F 4.0 range and color cast is pretty noticeable. The LCC process in C1 does fix this, but it shows just how much work C1 developers need to do. Even if they pick up the built in lens corrections (which IMO can make things worse at least with adobe), the color cast issue is something they may not want to get into.

Paul C

Attachments

•  1 MP2 LCC  copy.jpeg
    1 MP2 LCC copy.jpeg
    319.1 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: ABLomas and erohne
Has anyone tested the Generic profile in Capture One to figure out target values for Distortion and Light Falloff? I'm guessing right now with Distortion.

Or if not Generic, which profiles from other lenses seem to work best?

I feel generic is the best. It will give you the ability to use the sharpen from edges slider which is not available if you use the manufacturer profile since it’s a mirrorless profile. Generic I feel also gives much better edge of frame sharpness. However if you have the lens angled up or down from center you will get a curved horizon with generic. I still prefer that lens profile and just use photoshop to fix the horizon later on.
Remember to use the crop tool to expand the image if you use the standard built in profile. Quite a bit of image is lost.

Paul C

Reactions: tdominey
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk