DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pls examine my coordinates.

So here are the published lateral limits for Class B Airports:

Lateral Limits:
  • The outer limits of the airspace will not exceed a 30 NM radius from the primary airport
  • This 30 NM radius will generally be divided into three concentric circles: an inner 10 NM radius, a middle 20 NM radius, and an outer 30 NM radius
  • The inner 10 NM radius area may be subdivided based on operational needs, runway alignment, adjacent regulatory airspace, or adjacent airports
  • The areas between 10 to 20 NM and 20 to 30 NM may be vertically subdivided because of terrain or other regulatory airspace

So, if the example is different so be it. Regardless of the diameter of Class B a Philly, the questioners spot was inside Class B airspace to the ground, and the folks figuring that out are attempting to help. It was however, in a 400' LAANC authorization area, so if he gets his 107 he will be able to fly right where he is quite easily.

That is true but if you look at all of the Class B airports most are not standard. I fly from KLAS McCarran and in some areas it goes out as far as 36 nm other directions only 10nm. The surface area is where you have to worry about.

That is true but if you look at all of the Class B airports most are not standard. I fly from KLAS McCarran and in some areas it goes out as far as 36 nm other directions only 10nm. The surface area is where you have to worry about.
Very well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RYNOGOD