DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar pro filters

lawlessgraphics

Reactions
Looking to buy a set of the polar pro cinema filters but don't want to buy the entire 6 pack. From those experience in these, would the vivid collection or shutter collection be the better Buy for everyday use?

This video might help you decide which would be best for you:

Looking to buy a set of the polar pro cinema filters but don't want to buy the entire 6 pack. From those experience in these, would the vivid collection or shutter collection be the better Buy for everyday use?
Vivid collection..

These are fine

Attachments

• IMG_7067.PNG
    IMG_7067.PNG
    385.2 KB · Views: 178
Pretty much overpriced. Is there any review showing the difference between those and china cheapos?

Hi, I work at PolarPro and would be happy to provide some insight on this. "Everyday use" can mean something different depending on what kind of environment you're normally shooting in, but as a general rule you'll get more out of the Vivid Collection if you are seeing a lot of glare/lens flaring in your shots, or if you want more saturated colors in your shots. The tradeoff is that because the Vivid Collection filters are all polarizing, they do require a little extra effort in that you'll need to rotate them between shots for consistent results - this is not the case with the Shutter Collection, which can be mounted on the lens in any orientation and will provide the same results regardless, but are less effective at glare reduction and do not enhance color saturation.

I personally prefer the Shutter Collection because I normally shoot in D-Log and do all my color adjustments in post, and because I can just mount them and go. That said, if there is some glare or other reflected light in my shots then I will normally change over to a polarizing filter, so both definitely do come in handy depending on the day. Hopefully this helps!

- Oliver from PolarPro

Hi, I work at PolarPro and would be happy to provide some insight on this. "Everyday use" can mean something different depending on what kind of environment you're normally shooting in, but as a general rule you'll get more out of the Vivid Collection if you are seeing a lot of glare/lens flaring in your shots, or if you want more saturated colors in your shots. The tradeoff is that because the Vivid Collection filters are all polarizing, they do require a little extra effort in that you'll need to rotate them between shots for consistent results - this is not the case with the Shutter Collection, which can be mounted on the lens in any orientation and will provide the same results regardless, but are less effective at glare reduction and do not enhance color saturation.

I personally prefer the Shutter Collection because I normally shoot in D-Log and do all my color adjustments in post, and because I can just mount them and go. That said, if there is some glare or other reflected light in my shots then I will normally change over to a polarizing filter, so both definitely do come in handy depending on the day. Hopefully this helps!

- Oliver from PolarPro

I do a lot of post production on my shots. So based on that would you say I should go with the shutter collection for the moment?

i find polar pro filters unacceptable, they seem to heavy and wont let mavic fly due to gimbal problems and heats up and wont work , take them off camera and drone works , fine the drone will fly with filters but only after it is fired up, i find that a giant step backwards

I would recommend the vivid series. I love these filters. No problems whatsoever.

cea65dd2787077e7915fd4eb7ae9c8db.jpg

795cd2581b1b0a411150a373e6a1872d.jpg

i find polar pro filters unacceptable, they seem to heavy and wont let mavic fly due to gimbal problems and heats up and wont work , take them off camera and drone works , fine the drone will fly with filters but only after it is fired up, i find that a giant step backwards

I'm sorry to hear that's happening! It sounds like you may have the older generation of those filters, we did have a few reports of gimbal calibration interference during startup after we launched those. We redesigned them in December 2016 to adjust for that. The new generation are guaranteed to pass gimbal calibration and we have had no further reports of issues with them. Please reach out to our customer support team and we'd be happy to get you a set of the new ones. You can contact us from the following page:

PolarPro Support

- Oliver from PolarPro

I do a lot of post production on my shots. So based on that would you say I should go with the shutter collection for the moment?

That's what I would shoot with in your situation, yes. We have a 60-day return policy so if you pick up the Shutter, try them out, and then decide you would prefer the Vivid after all, just get in touch with our support team and they'll be happy to get a return set up for you.

- Oliver from PolarPro

I live out in the Desert and it's mostly very sunny and bright out here. I bought the Vivid collection collection for my Mavic and I love them. Never have any problems with them and I leave them on all the time. No problems with the gimbal or passing calibration.

When you say it requires to adjust the filter, you mean rotate it until you found the great colors ? I mean the best vision. But if you do that it means that it’s adjusted where you actually are. But then you are higher so what about the adjustment ? Not anymore updated ?

Maybe I will go with the shutter filters... still not sure....

Help !!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard