DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar pro or Dj ND filter?

Let me add a question to your question...Polar Pro has 2 different sets of 6, the professional set for $99 and the cinematic set for $149. Is there a difference and if so, is it worth the extra 50 bucks?

Reactions: fredbjor
I believe it may have to do with the quality of the glass.

Let me add a question to your question...Polar Pro has 2 different sets of 6, the professional set for $99 and the cinematic set for $149. Is there a difference and if so, is it worth the extra 50 bucks?

I do not think, I, will use more than a few...

I heard a lot of complaints reference the lens from DJI breaking easily. The have small plastic arms so to speak that keep lens on camera. Those are subject to break. They are just not that great.... Cheaply made if you ask me. I personally went with the 6 Pack of the cinema series.

I heard a lot of complaints reference the lens from DJI breaking easily. The have small plastic arms so to speak that keep lens on camera. Those are subject to break. They are just not that great.... Cheaply made if you ask me. I personally went with the 6 Pack of the cinema series.

Allright... Yes they do look abit cheap... thanks!

Put any of these filters on is a little bit tricky.
I'm happy with the Taco-RC set ($62.99 on Amazon).
No gimbal issues during calibration.

Reactions: passyone
Polar Pro came out with the Cinema series made of light weight aluminum because of gimbal initialization failure with original lenses. I agree with earlier comments about DJI lenses breaking. They list out of stock on their site. I have ordered the Cinema lenses set of three.

Reactions: fredbjor
Between all the filters the glass differences is going to be minimal at best and certainly not noticeable given the limited ability of the camera.

Yes the DJI lens holders are plastic but they are also lighter.
Since inertial vibration is a major factor with the gimbal and that will theoretically cause more camera vibrations and create less sharper images I will take lighter over stronger, but that's just my opinion.

Rob

Since inertial vibration is a major factor with the gimbal and that will theoretically cause more camera vibrations and create less sharper images I will take lighter over stronger, but that's just my opinion.
Agree.
I guess it was @TrayBoz that said something really important to be considered: Between the gimbal and a set of ND filters, wich one is most expensive? The genuine Dji filters are made of questionable quality light plastic but they're also cheap. Better trade them from time to time than the gimbal once.

I currently use the DJI filters and they work quite well. But they are really fiddly to put on without getting finger marks on them. I have just ordered the Polarpro Cinema 6 pack as I want nd32 and would like to experiment with the polarised ones. The first thing I will do is compare the weight between DJI and Polarpro. I think Polarpro have had sufficient time and experience with the Mavic now to produce a filter that won't harm the gimbal.

I currently use the DJI filters and they work quite well. But they are really fiddly to put on without getting finger marks on them.

Ditto. I've been using the DJI filters for a couple of months, and I change them out almost every time I fly; several times a week.

They work great, and I've had no problem with them at all. My only complaint is that I'm constantly having to wipe them free of finger prints. I can see how the Polar Pro's may not have this problem quite as much because they have a more substantial rim to handle them by. I can't say for sure or make an honest comparison, because I don't have a pair of Polar Pros to compare them to.

If only there were a Polar Pro representative on this forum who could send me a free evaluation set; I'd be happy to share my very positive, glowing, well-written review with the other forum members. :rolleyes:

Good LUTs give you far better tools to achieve a cinematic look. My choice would to get excellent graded footage with these LUTs for a cinematic look. Naturally it's good to have filters which a small portion to quality filming value however definitely prioritize LUTs if it's a limit on budget

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh