DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PolarPro CPL filter for Mavic 3 - massive design failure, don't buy

SkywalkerFeng

Reactions
Site
www.instagram.com
Here is the conclusion - don't buy PolarPro CPL filter for Mavic 3. It is a massive design failure.

As a professional photographer, I have been using filters from PolarPro since the days of Mavic Pro. They have a very good reputation of producing high quality filters. For the last three years I have been using their CPL (circular polarizer) for Mavic 2 Pro. It is a beautifully designed piece of gear, very easy to use, with vertical frame, curved groove on each side to help your thumb to twist the filter, and right amount of friction to facilitate rotation. I can rotate the filter with just one finger.

Unfortunately, it is no longer the case for their newly-released CPL filter for Mavic 3.

The one for Mavic 3 is a massive design failure. Instead of vertical frame, it comes with bevel frame with recessed edge. The curved groove is also gone. It comes with excessive friction, which makes it very hard to rotate - I have to use two thumbs to hold the filter, then push it against the frame just to twist it. It is a try-and-error process, and very frustrating.

PolarPro does not seem to understand that this new design only works for VND filters. For CPL filters, you have to hold the filter with one hand, looking through from behind the filter, then use the other hand to rotate the filter, to adjust polarization. The new bevel frame with recessed edge just doesn't work, when you have to rotate the filter from behind. The lack of curved groove on both side of the filter frame, plus excessive friction, makes the matter even worse.

PolarProCPLComparison2.jpg

PolarPro CPL for Mavic 2 Pro:
PolarProCPL_Mavic2Pro.jpeg

PolarPro CPL for Mavic 3:
PolarProCPL_Mavic3.jpeg

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members