DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Possible to send the drone to a specific set of GPS coordinates?

RCdancer

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.dronesar.info
I'm trying to find a way to send the drone to a specific set of GPS coordinates. If someone says they want you to go to specific set of GPS coordinates, is there an exact way .... short of guessing by dropping waypoints until you finally hit the exact location? Can't find a way in either DJO Go or Litchi. Anyone know of a way?

Maybe use fake gps on android. update the home point to whatever you need. hit return home and the drone will go where you want.
just a shot in the dark . or maybe easy way to cause fly away .

I'm trying to find a way to send the drone to a specific set of GPS coordinates. If someone says they want you to go to specific set of GPS coordinates, is there an exact way .... short of guessing by dropping waypoints until you finally hit the exact location? Can't find a way in either DJO Go or Litchi. Anyone know of a way?

In Litchi you can just create a waypoint mission with a waypoint at those coordinates. Does that not achieve what you want?

Only way I can see is to use Google Earth to find the specific location of the coordinates and then drop a waypoint on that location in Litchi. Really kludgy workaround. Can't believe that DJI Go or Lithci doesn't provide that capability.

Last edited:
In Litchi you can just create a waypoint mission with a waypoint at those coordinates. Does that not achieve what you want?

No. How do you know the precise location to drop the waypoint? The coordinates don't appear until after you plant the waypoint. You would end up guessing with a lot of waypoints until you finally hit the specific location.

Only way I can see if use Google Earth to find the coordinates and then drop a waypoint on that location in Litchi. Really kludgy workaround. Can't believe that DJI Go or Lithci doesn't provide that capability.

Okay I'm confused. I took your question to mean that you already have the coordinates that you want to go to. If you don't have coordinates then what defines the location that you are trying to send the drone to?

No. How do you know the precise location to drop the waypoint? The coordinates don't appear until after you plant the waypoint. You would end up guessing witha lot of waypoints until you finally hit the specific location.

No - drop a single waypoint and then edit the coordinates.

Reactions: RCdancer
Only way I can see is to use Google Earth to find the specific location of the coordinates and then drop a waypoint on that location in Litchi. Really kludgy workaround. Can't believe that DJI Go or Lithci doesn't provide that capability.
They probably don't see the point because of the LOS laws. But that would be cool.

Reactions: mereflyer
Virtual Litchi Mission can plot waypoints into Google Earth. Then by looking at the waypoint in Google Earth the longitude and latitude of the waypoint is known. Does that help?

Reactions: mereflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661