DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

My Mavic is sitting in a fed ex building in Shenzhen. Says shipping Monday will arrive Wednesday before 12am. WeatherBug says it will be calm with 2mph winds with 69 to 72 degrees Fahrenheit with not a cloud in the sky! My iPhone 7 plus is scheduled to be delivered the same day :) I'm thinking of driving up to big bear after I get the package ;)

One advantage of Amazon at this point is that since we are into November you get an unmatched return privilege, all the way to Jan 31.
I thought the same thing and even posted this on the forum. However, I've done a little more research and it seems they do not allow returns on drones but you can still do and exchange if it's defective. Here is the policy: "UAVs or Aerial Drones are non-refundable. If you receive a defective, please contact us immediately, and we will swap out the defective unit for a new unit. Once used, UAVs or Aerial Drones fall under the manufacturer's warranty, and again are non-refundable." Amazon

Holiday Return Policy
Items shipped by Amazon.com between November 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016, may be returned until January 31, 2017, for a full refund, subject to our other return guidelines listed below. Items shipped from sellers other than Amazon.com are subject to this same holiday return policy unless otherwise stated in the seller's individual Return Policy.
Amazon.com Help: About Our Returns Policies

So, I think the take home message here is don't buy if you think you'll want to return it, But, if it's shipped after November 1st you have until January 31 to exchange it for a new one if you package it up nicely and list your reason as defective and unable to use it.

Anyone preorder from Apple? I did a few days ago and had Pick Up at Store in November.

I see Apple is now delayed until December...wondering if I'll still get it in November.

Here is the policy: "UAVs or Aerial Drones are non-refundable. If you receive a defective, please contact us immediately, and we will swap out the defective unit for a new unit. Once used, UAVs or Aerial Drones fall under the manufacturer's warranty, and again are non-refundable." Amazon
That seems to be just for that Amazon Marketplace vendor (Norman Camera and Video), and yes. Marketplace vendors have their own policies. But if the unit is sold and shipped by Amazon then you get the full Amazon return policy which as far as I can tell does not single out drones.

List updated. The following reported their order was shipped out:
Code:
    Who          Where Ordered          When Ordered         Shipped Out
darkneo           Amazon (DJI)          Sep 27 10.00am      Oct 22 (Basic Pkg)
Parker            Amazon (DJI)          Sep 27 10:05am      Oct 22 (Basic Pkg)
Mrcandy           Amazon (DJI)          Sep 27 12:04pm      Oct 22 (Basic Pkg)
DroidSector       DJI                   Sep 27 12:50pm      Oct 22 (Basic Pkg)
Fizzle            DJI                   Sep 27 01:13pm      Oct 21 (Basic Pkg)
Chevytwonova      DJI                   Sep 27 02:06pm      Oct 22 (Basic Pkg)
Freddyflier       DJI                   Sep 27 03:25pm      Oct 22 (Basic Pkg)
Vicrimo           DJI                   Sep 27 05:37pm      Oct 21 (Basic Pkg)
MavicPro          DJI                   Sep 28              Oct 21 (Basic Pkg)
J v P             DJI                   Sep 28              Oct 22 (Basic Pkg)
incogneito        Newegg (DJI)          Oct 1               Oct 21 (Basic Pkg)
Todd              Newegg (DJI)          Oct 6               Oct 22 (Basic Pkg)
crbalch           Newegg (DJI)          Oct 9               Oct 21 (Basic Pkg)
knowtomorrow      Newegg (DJI)          Oct 14              Oct 21 (Basic Pkg)

It looks like so far DJI and Amazon are only shipping very early orders, but somehow Newegg is doing better. I'm not sure how or why but interesting.

I'm guessing many more have shipped out,, just tracking hasn't yet been updated.

That seems to be just for that Amazon Marketplace vendor (Norman Camera and Video), and yes. Marketplace vendors have their own policies. But if the unit is sold and shipped by Amazon then you get the full Amazon return policy which as far as I can tell does not single out drones.
Oh shoot! My bad... I just googled Amazon return policy drones and that's what came up. I didn't notice that was Norman Cameras policy. Sorry for the confusion.... off to see if I can find out if Amazon has anything drone specific for drones when shipped/sold by Amazon.

Reactions: kameit00
I may place another order to see if it will get here earlier than Apple's In-Store option. Would Amazon (from Amazon) or Amazon (from DJI) be better?

I may place another order to see if it will get here earlier than Apple's In-Store option. Would Amazon (from Amazon) or Amazon (from DJI) be better?
I'd say the DJI store on Amazon. That's what I did and despite the delay, their support has been very timely. Found out about my order being shipped via Amazon DJI support before it even being updated in Amazon (still hasn't been...)

Where do you live? I'm in Southern California. Mine is scheduled to be delivered Wednesday by 12pm ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in southern Alberta, Canada, scheduled for Monday no time given

Last edited:
Tough call. Might be quicker with DJI but if you have any reason you need to exchange it you'll have a better and longer return/exchange policy with Amazon.

I bought Oct 4 via Amazon, seller E ZEE electronics. I sent them message (via Amazon system) asking if they'd heard anything about their orders. They said not yet, but they were expecting to hear from DJI tomorrow (Sunday). I'll ping them again tomorrow and will post here for those that are in the same boat.

I bought Oct 4 via Amazon, seller E ZEE electronics. I sent them message (via Amazon system) asking if they'd heard anything about their orders. They said not yet, but they were expecting to hear from DJI tomorrow (Sunday). I'll ping them again tomorrow and will post here for those that are in the same boat.
They told me the same thing

Please do. I tried messaging them via their web site but so far they haven't bothered to respond. I ordered a Fly More package from E ZEE via Amazon (Oct. 7) so I fear even that if they do get a shipment it may not include the Fly More. If you don't mind, if you communicate with them you might ask about that.

I also ordered mine on Amazon through E ZEE Electronics on Oct 3rd. I have a delivery date of Nov 2nd. We have spoken several times and they do not have any tracking information from DJI yet. They did say that DJI would ship it to them first, then they would ship it to me. They also said that I was in the first batch. interestingly, I noticed they are selling the Mavic on their website but are no longer advertising it on Amazon. They seemed annoyed and unwilling to bother with asking DJI anything after my last correspondence with them. At this point, it's anyone's guess when ours will ship.

As I should have expected, the problem is batteries, or lack there of.

P3s shipped with the extra batteries sent later. I should have taken that into consideration when ordering the extra flight package.IMG_0009.GIF
It would be interesting if an order made today, for a basic package, would be sent prior to us preorder fly more shmucks.

Reactions: dirkclod
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest