DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Got a tracking number last night because I messaged my amazon rep (ordered through the DJI store, not a 3rd party). Picked up by Fedex but it was after the cutoff. Estimated delivery 10/26 (Wednesday)

She gave me a tracking number, but what's weird is nothing on my amazon order was updated. Maybe I will get lucky and they will ship me two :) I would be ok with that.

I just checked my status on Best Buy, and now my order from yesterday morning is showing that I'll have it by Sunday, 10/30. That makes me think that it'll ship early to mid this week!

I also noticed that they are taking preorders again with 10/31 delivery.

Must be nice... I tried AGAIN to order it and now it says "Presale" but if you click the button and try to go to checkout, it then says, "sold out." I give up.

Yep, just really, really bad. DJI has a long way to go to meet the standards of American or Japanese customer relations, if in fact they care at all.

At this point I wouldn't anticipate that anyone who ordered the Fly More combo can expect any level of communication from DJI as to status, in fact they may well be better off ordering a solo Mavic. Sad but true, even an order of a solo unit today could conceivably arrive before they are shipping the Fly More.
It's a Chinese company in a communist County. You get what you get. Lol.

I decided to go ahead and order last night. Now to see how long that takes.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Agree - my Amazon(DJI) order has shipped as well. Basic package, coming DHL, scheduled for delivery Monday! Went from Shenzhen to Hong Kong, left Hong Kong Sat @ 20:36, pre-cleared customs. Yeah

Where do you live? I'm in Southern California. Mine is scheduled to be delivered Wednesday by 12pm ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must be nice... I tried AGAIN to order it and now it says "Presale" but if you click the button and try to go to checkout, it then says, "sold out." I give up.
I looked at Best Buy and it let me go all the way to checkout where it asks me for my CC#. They only have the fly less one for $999 but said it would be delivered 31-Oct. I don't plan to buy one yet as I have a P3A and a P3P

I looked at Best Buy and it let me go all the way to checkout where it asks me for my CC#. They only have the fly less one for $999 but said it would be delivered 31-Oct. I don't plan to buy one yet as I have a P3A and a P3P

I can't get that far... as soon as I hit the "Checkout" button, I get a message that says it's sold out and that it's been removed from my cart.

I can't get that far... as soon as I hit the "Checkout" button, I get a message that says it's sold out and that it's been removed from my cart.
Keep trying. I got that once, but after refreshing the product page it worked on the next go-around. You might also want to try a different browser.

I'm in the combo fly more group which is kind of Ironic since we are actually flying less... I went into newegg this AM and there was 1 regular mavic (non bundle) in stock sold by DJI in stock in the USA per the website, my card was charged and afterwards newegg showed 0 in stock I wonder if this means actually in stock or not... will wait till Monday and see

That makes it sound like you got the last one! Nice. :)

Well, one new common theme I've noted in this thread is the sarcastic "Fly Less" Combo package is now being used in both contexts, which is making it impossible to understand what people are really saying. People that didn't order the Combo are now starting to call it "Fly Less" which is annoying because that saying came from the Combo advertising "Fly More," yet they are not being delivered, so hence the "Fly Less" meme... But I get the confusion, if we were not privy to the marketing behind the "Fly More" package. I guess I'll stop using sarcasm when referring to my orders, to avoid any confustion :/
Thank you. I noticed the same ambiguity. "Fly less" started as a sarcastic renaming of "fly more," and then others began using it to refer to the non-combo SKU. This is immensely confusing. A better convention would be either "fly more" or "standalone."

Either way, I'm still annoyed that DJI will ship separately for those who ordered extra batteries, but not for those who ordered the fly more combo.

I'm going to be going on vacation around my expected delivery date. I wonder if I'll get getting something like this:

1OVaAQ0.jpg

Drone's delivering drones! (It's a joke, of course.)

Amazon UK now have the Fly More combo with a release date of 4th November whereas before today there was no date, just "this item has not yet been released" so I thought, why not.. So now I have 5 options, 2 refundable deposits and one paid in full that I can cancel. The two deposits are from pre-orders made by the dealers that are still open so I'm not taking anybody's place, yet..

I see that Best Buy Online is reporting 'sold out' and will remove the item from your cart if you try to complete an order, but as reported earlier if you play long enough you might get the system to eventually accept the order with an an 'Get it by Mon, Oct 31' notation. I did that but have zero faith the date will actually be true.

Amazon will take an order and is currently suggesting (but not promising) an Nov. 15 date. One advantage of Amazon at this point is that since we are into November you get an unmatched return privilege, all the way to Jan 31. Can't imagine that there will be many returns, but FWIW.

OTOH maybe there will be a flood of available units as people start receiving theirs and cancelling their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th orders ;)

If anyone has 2 mavics ordered and would like to make 300 on that second basic kit with RC let me know. I'm looking for one before November. Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d