DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Preferred flight mode

Gumbys69

Reactions
What flight mode does everyone prefer? I usually use sport mode as its quicker to fly but wondering if it sacrifices battery life? It seems position mode is just a slower version of sport mode With no advantages?

Cine mode for me ... speed not issue ...quality is

Same. I just flew my Mini in Cine mode (ta dump dump cha ching):cool: Then flew the Mavic 2 Pro in ?? mode (no idea. I need to study the controller a bit while NOT flying). Freakin fast... I haven't had the Mavic 2 Pro very long...

P preferred. Cine mode for film. Trying to avoid some of the problems being found in sport mode. Possibility of blades hitting the body, and high speed stops. Besides, my reaction time, reflexes, ain't what they used to be.

P-mode for just flying around or getting into Position for a shot or video. C-mode to get the Cinematic video footage that everyone seems to rave about on YouTube.

When my low battery indicator sounds at 35% and I feel I’m getting blown around aloft, S-mode gets me to lower, less windier altitude faster, and helps fight any head wind during my return.

Reactions: Dbez1 and Capt KO
What flight mode does everyone prefer? I usually use sport mode as its quicker to fly but wondering if it sacrifices battery life? It seems position mode is just a slower version of sport mode With no advantages?
To answer your question: Sport mode lets you apply more power to the motors, so of course it will run the battery down faster.

I agree with others. C for video and pictures. P for wandering around. S to get there and back. My nephew likes S, cause, well thats" just him ;). He runs at that speed. Happy to have all 3. Enjoy your safe flying.

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirjhara