DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem with DJIGo4 update Ver.4.0.5 ?? UPDATE: Problem Resolved

RAMJET-1

Reactions
Every since I updated the Go 4 app to 4.0.5 on my 7" tab E lite I can not use it safely. In the app display It is constantly alternating from "Ready to Go (GPS)" to "No Signal" every few seconds. Anyone else having the same issue??

<<<UPDATE>>>
Okay guys.... Just to rule out a problem with the Galaxy Tab E lite, I have since then purchased a new Galaxy Tab "A". spec's are: Android 5.1 Lollipop, 1.3GHz Quad-Core processor, 1.5GB RAM, 8GB ROM, Wi-Fi, GPS. I loaded GO4 (V4.0.5) and enabled USB developer option. Still have the same issue as I did with the TAB E lite. Sporadically switching from ''Ready to Go (GPS)" then "No Signal" back and forth. Doesn't mater if it is in pre-flight or during flight. Get this though... during flight when it reports "No Signal" sometimes I still have live video transmission for at least a minute or so and then sometimes it will actually loose video transmission. ?????:( The RC remains solid and the Mavic is also fully operational. My cell phone which has not been updated to the latest app is a Huawei Raven (4.4 KitKat, 1.2GHz, 1GB RAM) runs flawless using app version 4.0.4 has no issues at all. Just updating my findings just in case anybody else is having the same problem. Thing is my Galaxy Tab E lite worked fine before I updated it to the latest GO4 app Version 4.0.5. Don't know if the latest app needs a more powerful processor, more RAM, etc.... I have updates disabled on my phone so it is safeThumbswayup.

Last edited:
Every since I updated the 4GO app on my 7" tab E lite I can not use it safely. In the app display It is constantly alternating from "Ready to Go (GPS)" to "No Signal" every few seconds. Anyone else having the same issue??

<<<UPDATE>>>
Okay guys.... Just to rule out a problem with the Galaxy Tab E lite, I have since then purchased a new Galaxy Tab "A". spec's are: Android 5.1 Lollipop, 1.3GHz Quad-Core processor, 1.5GB RAM, 8GB ROM, Wi-Fi, GPS. I loaded GO4 (V4.0.5) and enabled USB developer option. Still have the same issue as I did with the TAB E lite. Sporadically switching from ''Ready to Go (GPS)" then "No Signal" back and forth. Doesn't mater if it is in pre-flight or during flight. Get this though... during flight when it reports "No Signal" sometimes I still have live video transmission for at least a minute or so and then sometimes it will actually loose video transmission. ?????:( The RC remains solid and the Mavic is also fully operational. My cell phone which has not been updated to the latest app is a Huawei Raven (4.4 KitKat, 1.2GHz, 1GB RAM) runs flawless using app version 4.0.4 has no issues at all. Just updating my findings just in case anybody else is having the same problem. Thing is my Galaxy Tab E lite worked fine before I updated it to the latest GO4 app Version 4.0.5. Don't know if the latest app needs a more powerful processor, more RAM, etc.... I have updates disabled on my phone so it is safeThumbswayup.
I am clueless, you should be good to go with that setup, I have been hearing of some video loss with apple recently, not android; android normally just crashes.
I will do some research.
Regards,
-d.

Reactions: RAMJET-1
I am clueless, you should be good to go with that setup, I have been hearing of some video loss with apple recently, not android; android normally just crashes.
I will do some research.
Regards,
-d.

Yep... I have tried a few different setups, USB developer On/Off, local cache On/Off, etc... but noting has worked. I would just like to downgrade to the previous app version 4.0.4 which is working just fine on my phone. Let me know if you stumble across anything.;) Thanks Bunny Too

Okay... after doing more research and plugging away to try and get some advice, I got some valuable guidance from a fellow member on DJI's site. This is what he suggested to try so I did. I downgraded my Galaxy Tab "A" to the same app version that is on my phone which is Go4 Ver.4.0.4. To do this I went to www.apkmirror.com > searched for DJI Go 4 and this listed all of the Go 4 version apps to date (4.0.0 thru 4.0.5). There are two variants listed for 4.0.4. I downloaded version: 4.0.4 (1021523) arm Package: dji.go.v4 69.29 MB. Below are the steps I took.

1. App Manager > Cleared cache and data > uninstalled Go 4 app
2. File Manager > Deleted ALL DJI files and folders
3. Restarted my device.
4. Went online at www.apkmirror.com www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-0-4-release/dji-go-4-4-0-4-android-apk-download/
5 Downloaded Version: 4.0.4 (1021523) to my device NOTE : Before the download application can be installed on device, I had to go to Settings>Lock screen and Security> and turn off "Unknown sources". This is on by default to prevent app installs from other sources other than the Play Store.
6. After installation was complete I restarted my device.
** (I did not downgrade the firmware on the Mavic)**
DONE !!!

I connected the Mavic RC turned it on. Once the Go 4 app was activated I went to "Me" and logged in to my account. Went back to Equipment and powered up the Mavic and connected as usual.

I went in and checked all the settings and turned off the defaults for China homeland etc..., and verified all other settings were correct, turned on local cache setting as well since I have that turned on in my phone.

After feeling confident everything was stable, I calibrated the compass. Verified home location was set on the map. Ready to Go (GPS)
I had time to make three test flights before dark.
First flight: 18 minutes, total distance traveled 23,963ft.
Second flight: 20 minutes, total distance traveled 21,785ft. I also recorded this flight to see if cache was going to cause any problems.
Third flight: It was almost dark, 12 minutes, total distance traveled 822ft.

All three flights were successful without any issues and the system was stable. I had no more "No Signal" issues. So it is apparent that the version 4.0.5 either requires a lot more resources and slows down the CPU processor or there is a bug that needs to me fixed in the code. I'm now able to use the 7" Galaxy tab A that I bought to for my Mavic RC. If you do not want the auto updates you need to go to Google Play Store and turn off auto updates under the settings tab in the top left corner. It is the first option "Auto-update apps" under General Settings. Please be careful and downgrade the app at your own discretion. All I can say is it worked for me. I hope this helps everyone that is having issues with there device running the latest update 4.0.5 for Go 4 app. :);)Thumbswayup

Last edited:
Reactions: Pol
Okay... after doing more research and plugging away to try and get some advice, I got some valuable guidance from a fellow member on DJI's site. This is what he suggested to try so I did. I downgraded my Galaxy Tab "A" to the same app version that is on my phone which is Go4 Ver.4.0.4. To do this I went to www.apkmirror.com > searched for DJI Go 4 and this listed all of the Go 4 version apps to date (4.0.0 thru 4.0.5). There are two variants listed for 4.0.4. I downloaded version: 4.0.4 (1021523) arm Package: dji.go.v4 69.29 MB. Below are the steps I took.

1. App Manager > Cleared cache and data > uninstalled Go 4 app
2. File Manager > Deleted ALL DJI files and folders
3. Restarted my device.
4. Went online at www.apkmirror.com www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-0-4-release/dji-go-4-4-0-4-android-apk-download/
5 Downloaded Version: 4.0.4 (1021523) to my device NOTE : Before the download application can be installed on device, I had to go to Settings>Lock screen and Security> and turn off "Unknown sources". This is on by default to prevent app installs from other sources other than the Play Store.
6. After installation was complete I restarted my device.
** (I did not downgrade the firmware on the Mavic)**
DONE !!!

I connected the Mavic RC turned it on. Once the Go 4 app was activated I went to "Me" and logged in to my account. Went back to Equipment and powered up the Mavic and connected as usual.

I went in and checked all the settings and turned off the defaults for China homeland etc..., and verified all other settings were correct, turned on local cache setting as well since I have that turned on in my phone.

After felling confident everything was stable, I calibrated the compass. Verified home location was set on the map. Ready to Go (GPS)
I had time to make three test flights before dark.
First flight: 18 minutes, total distance traveled 23,963ft.
Second flight: 20 minutes, total distance traveled 21,785ft. I also recorded this flight to see if cache was going to cause any problems.
Third flight: It was almost dark, 12 minutes, total distance traveled 822ft.

All three flights were successful without any issues and the system was stable. I had no more "No Signal" issues. So it is apparent that the version 4.0.5 either requires a lot more resources and slows down the CPU processor or there is a bug that needs to me fixed in the code. I'm now able to use the 7" Galaxy tab A that I bought to for my Mavic RC. If you do not want the auto updates you need to go to Google Play Store and turn off auto updates under the settings tab in the top left corner. I hope this helps everyone that is having issues with there device running the latest update 4.0.5 for Go 4 app. :);)Thumbswayup
Heck yeah RAMJET-1, way to get it done man. Good Job and thank you for the follow up.
Regards,
-d.

Heck yeah RAMJET-1, way to get it done man. Good Job and thank you for the follow up.
Regards,
-d.

Hey Bunny Too, Yep... I'm back in business. I still want to get a few more test flights done to make sure all is working well to include flight modes. I'm just thrilled to death that I found out where to go to download the previous apps. Sweet, Sweet, Sweet !! I'm still kind of curious as to why there doesn't appear to be any conflict with the updated firmware that is running on the Mavic o_O. Everything seems to be happy and working as it should so far. If anything changes I will follow up with an update. Oh... BTW, there are two variants listed for Go4 version 4.0.5 app in the listings on the apkmirror website. I may do some testing to see if one of them actually works or if both of them are not usable. Thanks again.

Reactions: Sencorp
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78