DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problems with Nexus 7 connection - HELP please!

Altomar718

Reactions
I have the Mavic Pro and have just bought a Nexus 7 2nd generation tablet to use with it as many forums said they were recommended.
I downloaded and installed the Go 4 app onto the factory reset Nexus (2nd generation). When I start the controller and then the Mavic, the app does not start or give the option which app to use as I also put Litchi on there - This does happen on my Samsung Note 3. When I start it by clicking the app icon, Go4 woll start it always says DISCONNECTED and the app will not open with all the functions, camera etc. If I swap the Nexus for my Note 3 phone, it all works fine, so is something to do with the controller / Mavic not connecting with the tablet. I have gone into the Nexus settings and started developer options and turned on USB debugging but it still will not work. Please see attached picture - PLEASE SOMEONE HELP! - I have spent hours trying to get this to work as the Nexus 2 is actually recommended by DJI ....

Attachments

• 20170603_081748.jpg
    20170603_081748.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 35
Hello,
Did you try to connect with the side or under RC connector ? I'm using the connector under the RC.

I'm using the same tablet as you, with no major problem (not speaking of disconnection issues when flying... !)
I've heard that for some user with the last GO4 got problems, but it was not related with Nexus7.
Good luck

I have used both the side USB and the USB port under the controller and even tried the small lead which comes supplied .... I have also used two other leads in case .....

Try to enable developer settings on tablet and then enabled USB Debugging
I also saw this on DJI forum : "Also bear in mind that if you updated to the DJI Go app but have NOT installed the very latest firmware to your phantom and transmitter, the go app will NOT see your hardware, I had this today. So make sure you have installed latest firmware update."
Dont know if it's true or not :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Obecny
I have enabled USB debugging and also have the latest firmware on the tablet and Mavic + controller

Try connecting in the following order:
  1. Switch on rc
  2. Switch on mavic
  3. When the rc says it is connected, connect the tablet to the rc
  4. Open the app
That should do the trick

JoostGT3 - Thanks for that - you got me all excited - its 23:50 here, but had to try it before I went to bed ...... sorry to say it didn't work

Reactions: JoostGT3
I have the Mavic Pro and have just bought a Nexus 7 2nd generation tablet to use with it as many forums said they were recommended.
I downloaded and installed the Go 4 app onto the factory reset Nexus (2nd generation). When I start the controller and then the Mavic, the app does not start or give the option which app to use as I also put Litchi on there - This does happen on my Samsung Note 3. When I start it by clicking the app icon, Go4 woll start it always says DISCONNECTED and the app will not open with all the functions, camera etc. If I swap the Nexus for my Note 3 phone, it all works fine, so is something to do with the controller / Mavic not connecting with the tablet. I have gone into the Nexus settings and started developer options and turned on USB debugging but it still will not work. Please see attached picture - PLEASE SOMEONE HELP! - I have spent hours trying to get this to work as the Nexus 2 is actually recommended by DJI ....

I have the same problem......did you ever solve it please

alanbathurst - No - sorry mate, never did solve it, in fact the Nexus is on Ebay as we speak !! - I sent the Mavic back to Maplin where I bought it and the engineers have done test on the faults I reported and it came back that it all works and is fine. I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with it and also get problems with exposure of photos (take pictures not to far apart and some are over exposed and some are under) not so sure its not the phone compatibility casuin it as when Maplin had it, they did test pictures with a Ipad Min 2 and they are all fine ....

Thanks for quick reply.....I had no joy with the nexus and mavic either ..although it used to work on my phantom 3 a. Mavic works with ipad air and s7 edge fine.....happy flying.

update...now working
turned on usb debugging.....fired up controller and mavic in that order waited for connection and THEN connected tablet to usb underneath.....it then gave me an option of dji go or go 4 ...all seems fine now.

also try different usb cables....they don't all work properly.

hope this helps

Last edited:
Reactions: Altomar718
There must be some additional factor because I have the Nexus 7 originally for P3Pro - still runs that with older version of DJI Go
Then it has Go4 and Litchi for the Mavic.
When I connect the cable it offers a list of those three to choose.
It's important to select 'just once' not Always.

Reactions: alanbathurst
4wd - I have tried every combination you can imagine - Nothing works
update...now working
turned on usb debugging.....fired up controller and mavic in that order waited for connection and THEN connected tablet to usb underneath.....it then gave me an option of dji go or go 4 ...all seems fine now.

hope this helps

update...now working

hope this helps
Thanks for that Alan - I gave up in the end and put the Nexus back on Ebay, bit the bullet and bought an ipad min 4 from Apple (refurbished) - Just setting it up now, so fingers crossed !!

Often, if you see the disconnected message at start up, all that is required is to disconnect and reconnect the USB cable.

Even with an iOS device this does happen from time to time.

Thanks for that Alan - I gave up in the end and put the Nexus back on Ebay, bit the bullet and bought an ipad min 4 from Apple (refurbished) - Just setting it up now, so fingers crossed !!
I hope all works out with the mini 4 for you..... would be interested in your opinion of it...
regards Alan

JoostGT3 - Thanks for that - you got me all excited - its 23:50 here, but had to try it before I went to bed ...... sorry to say it didn't work
Sorry to hear that! To be honest, I stopped using android devices and shelled out for an ipad mini 4 as well... never looked back.

I hope all works out with the mini 4 for you..... would be interested in your opinion of it...
regards Alan
Hi Alan - The Mini 4 turned up and the Mavic is a different machine !! - I have messed around for weeks trying to get functions to work on the Samsung Note 3 (on the compatible list) so was looking forward to trying the new ipad. Plugged it in and booted it all up - nothing ! - Rebooted the ipad and off it went ...... all functions work perfectly and things came up on the screen that I have never even seen before with the Android. I didnt bother buying the cellular version (another £100) which limits the 'Follow Me' mode which locks onto the devices GPS OR, you cannot land in a different place than take for the same reason ........ I put another question on here about GPS as the ipad is NOT fitted with a GPS module (except cellular) but people are saying if you use your phone as a hotspot, the DJI system will use that which will also include the downloading of maps at your location whereas you would have to turn on the ipad and open the Go 4 app, move the map to the area you want to fly and do not turn it off ....... I actually went on the Apple website and they sell refurbished ipad mini 4 ...... You would not know it from new as they are completely reconditioned and guaranteed for 12 months but £60 cheaper and will always sell on Ebay for a good price if you wanted ... hope that helps - Chris

Hi Alan - The Mini 4 turned up and the Mavic is a different machine !! - I have messed around for weeks trying to get functions to work on the Samsung Note 3 (on the compatible list) so was looking forward to trying the new ipad. Plugged it in and booted it all up - nothing ! - Rebooted the ipad and off it went ...... all functions work perfectly and things came up on the screen that I have never even seen before with the Android. I didnt bother buying the cellular version (another £100) which limits the 'Follow Me' mode which locks onto the devices GPS OR, you cannot land in a different place than take for the same reason ........ I put another question on here about GPS as the ipad is NOT fitted with a GPS module (except cellular) but people are saying if you use your phone as a hotspot, the DJI system will use that which will also include the downloading of maps at your location whereas you would have to turn on the ipad and open the Go 4 app, move the map to the area you want to fly and do not turn it off ....... I actually went on the Apple website and they sell refurbished ipad mini 4 ...... You would not know it from new as they are completely reconditioned and guaranteed for 12 months but £60 cheaper and will always sell on Ebay for a good price if you wanted ... hope that helps - Chris
thanks for the update Chris very useful.... how do you find the iPad mini 4 in bright sunlight?
I was keen to use the Nexus because of it's bright screen. I have been using an iPad air and it's better than android from an operational aspect.but a little cumbersome.
glad you got sorted....happy and trouble free flying
regards Alan

thanks for the update Chris very useful.... how do you find the iPad mini 4 in bright sunlight?
I was keen to use the Nexus because of it's bright screen. I have been using an iPad air and it's better than android from an operational aspect.but a little cumbersome.
glad you got sorted....happy and trouble free flying
regards Alan
Bright sunlight is not an issue Alan - I live in North Devon, UK and the sun seldom comes out Ha! Ha! - I have adjusted the brightness up on the Mini 4 and it certainly looks bright, but of course, sunlight is different .... its got to be better than not working though !!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nightrider619