DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Professional investigator concludes - "what's the fuss about?"

A frozen turkey does not have metal parts..
Wrong again. I cracked tooth one Thanksgiving due the Butterball plant hiring out-of-work line workers from the Caterpillar factory. Do your homework, man! (In their defense, the turkey was labeled has "having extra iron".)

A frozen turkey does not have metal parts. One errant screw, nut or bolt in a turbine engine can be catastrophic.
The anodized aluminum props on many smaller airplanes (including many turboprops) could easily be bent, throwing the prop off-balance, necessitating a shutdown of the engine.
A pitot tube and/or static port could be damaged, resulting in the loss of indicated airspeed and/or altitude and vertical speed.
I could go on, and on.
I am a FAA certificated airplane pilot, instrument and instructor rated. I also worked in aerospace for decades as a MSC to many projects including the Boeing 777.
Anybody who says drones pose no threat to airborne aircraft are simply full of it.

A frozen turkey does not have metal parts. One errant screw, nut or bolt in a turbine engine can be catastrophic.
The anodized aluminum props on many smaller airplanes (including many turboprops) could easily be bent, throwing the prop off-balance, necessitating a shutdown of the engine.
A pitot tube and/or static port could be damaged, resulting in the loss of indicated airspeed and/or altitude and vertical speed.
I could go on, and on.
I am a FAA certificated airplane pilot, instrument and instructor rated. I also worked in aerospace for decades as a MSC to many projects including the Boeing 777.
Anybody who says drones pose no threat to airborne aircraft are simply full of it.
Why are they frozen? Turkeys don't fly around frozen.

Glad I rolled back to 700 then!

Excellent! But watch out for the battery drain with those weapons, they reduce flight time 'significantly'!

What stock? DJI is a front for the MSS, I mean, it's a private company. I've said too much.

Don't worry, the proverbial cat has already been let out of the bag: A word of caution to the droning community

The latest word on the street is that Kevin Finisterre is actually a triple agent working for the Sri Lankans and is one of the nine members of the Asian Dawn movement.

Finisterre.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: cderoche
I was reminded of this quote yesterday:

"For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert"
-- Arthur C. Clarke

-- Arthur C. Clarke

True! Most "experts" have little to no actual experience in the field they are "expert" in. I'm far more interested in what an actual commercial airline pilot has to say than any dozen pencil pushing "experts".

Reactions: Dw911
True! Most "experts" have little to no actual experience in the field they are "expert" in. I'm far more interested in what an actual commercial airline pilot has to say than any dozen pencil pushing "experts".
Ya know, I think there might be a post in here from a guy like that. He wasn't really too interested in getting all debate-y, though; just dropped a quick opinion and hastily left. Kinda like spraying lighter fluid on the bbq. ;)

Reactions: Dw911

-- Arthur C. Clarke

Much though I've always like Clarke, this thread reminds me more of Isaac Asimov's quote:

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

Reactions: 787steve
Ya know, I think there might be a post in here from a guy like that. He wasn't really too interested in getting all debate-y, though; just dropped a quick opinion and hastily left. Kinda like spraying lighter fluid on the bbq. ;)

Yea and some guy may have quoted him because of his general respect for people that actually do things rather than people that theorize about what could happen if.

My college roommate is a commercial pilot as well. He flew for Northern Air for years before he hit the big time and now flies international. I hit him up on Facebook and asked his opinion and it was to a letter the same as yours. However, I also lack respect for the "ghost" expert people like to throw in a debate. You know the, "I know a guy that...." style of authenticating your point of view, so I didn't use it. In my opinion, that type of debate leads no where. "I have an SO that agrees with me". "Well I have a 15 year commercial pilot that says I'm right". "Oh yea?, well three commercial pilots, two fighter pilots and a Bald Eagle agrees with me!" Really? Well I have the ghosts of Orville and Wilbur Wright, Howard Hughes and Chuck Yeager on my side, so there!" It never ends.

Reactions: Dw911 and Phlier
Much though I've always like Clarke, this thread reminds me more of Isaac Asimov's quote:

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

With "ignorance" somehow always being the dissenting view point from yours.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman