DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Proliferation of drones, changes of the times.

madman4049

Reactions
So I watched the Spark presentation and it's cool, not sell my mavic cool but I can see a lot of young couples, college kids, even kids etc getting into the drone scene. Yeah little FPV drones aren't new but it got me thinking. I know there are a metric crap ton of restrictions, such as no taking off or landing in state parks, local parks banning them, etc.

Do you foresee drone restrictions getting tighter as society gets more acclimated or looser? I would like to see society get past the uncomfortable zone and have drones just become a normal thing. Would be nice to see us get to a point like we are with cellphones these days.

Hey man what phone is that, ahh it's a Note, cool man I got a G6. Take that to drones yeah I just got a DJI ..., cool man here's a Typhoon ....

Hmmm, not sure I want to see cell phones flying around all over the place , the gnats & mosquitos are bad enough in the south . Expect more restrictions not less the more of these things get sold .

I think the Spark may well be an easy drone to abuse and annoy the hell out of people, Cell phones are quiet and no drone is that quiet, there are gonna be times i think when the Spark will be far more annoying for people than a Mavic.

I do not know why i think it will be more annoying than a Mavic, i just have this feeling that it is such a small personal drone that it will be used in far more annoying ways.

Having said that i brought one so.......................................

My guess, with the proliferation will eventually come acceptance. The FAA will have to figure out who holds the votes. A few big planes or a gazillion little drones. Make those big boys quit picking on us. LOL

The cellphone thing was an analogy lol. I didn't literally mean flying cellphones meant as an example of how society first is shocked and then as normalcy sets in starts to disregard and not care technology. Cellphones lol.

Gary Cato,
I dunno I suspect people will react better w/ these. Smaller is less intimidation, though not necessarily less annoying as you say. People see an Inspire and some backwoods folks start thinking bout aliens or the gubmint spying on their precious cows. See a cute brick sized toy in fancy colors not so much. Mavic fits somewhere in the middle, it's cute compared to bigger drones but not toyish looking like a bright red or green spark.

TTFullTimer,
I hope so, seems the noose keeps getting tighter not looser. But then if I am correct the FAA just lost on the drone registration bit and is in a bit of hot water over that because it was illegal.

I can see a general public acceptance but a government tightening of so called noose with things like a hard altitude set that you can't swipe right on and exceed after acknowledging responsibility. As for the 400' rule lets be honest unless you are directly off the end of a runway no real aircraft flies that low, and that's coming from someone who flies real Cessna's. me.

The cellphone thing was an analogy lol. I didn't literally mean flying cellphones

Yes and I meant I would not want to see anything as popular as cellphones flying around not that cellphones would actually be flying around :) Of course Dji could release a drone later this year that people just popped their cell phone into and download a flying app so who knows . Let's hope we don't see sparks flying around in theatres during the movie trailers like people abuse their cell phones . I'd hate to have to take one down with a handful of Skittles .

Madman, There are low flyers in farmland. Crop dusters. When you think you are far away from the city, here comes some clown in a relic from the past giving you a haircut.

For anyone with an ounce of brains avoiding other known areas of low flyers just makes sense. Although some of my friends are of the opinion that common sense is far from common nowadays.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S