DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Propeller NOT seated flush (defect?)

Ditto the above, this is not you changing your mind, it is a defective product so I think a restocking fee would not be reasonable.
Compare your memory of the packaging with youtube unboxings. With regards to cellophane, if it's not too late. check the bin.

Does anyone know the URL for the activation site and how one might search to see if one's phone had connected to it?
Mine was in May and my browser history does not go back that far besides the phone has had a factory reset since then.
I begin to wonder if this was a customer return that was resold? Do BestBuy do that?

If you use CsvView ( CsvView Downloads) to process the txt flight log for any flight of this drone that is, say 1 minute or more long, then "export a csv" of that flight ('button' on the top LHS of the CsvView panel) and open that csv with a spread sheet program then, assuming things are in the same place as with the mavic mini, column number 235 ( IA ), title"RECOVER.activeTimestamp", is the time stamp for the drone's activation/registration.
Does it correspond with your ownership and handling of the drone? If not take a screen capture showing the activation time stamp and your purchase receipt and save the spread sheet. From memory mine is accurate in that I activated it the day after it arrived.

Reactions: Drorona
Return policies don't apply to defects unless explicitly disclosed as as-is, sales final.

So should I tell them about the defect or just try to return it? I don't want to be dishonest but if they try to stiff me for it I have no remorse vs big corp.

That being said, the Mini 2 arrived today and it's great.
Just have to deal with this Best Buy issue tomorrow maybe.

[UPDATE]

Best Buy refunded the Mini 1 Fly More with the defective propeller and I told them about it. They also waived the restock fee. I'm happy. I kept the SD card though because that's useful.

An interesting side note that I noticed: they didn't inspect it. I asked the guy "hey aren't you going to check it's in there?" I inferred from his response that it was due to the pandemic that they kind of had to trust the customer returns.

Anyway if anybody ever has similar issue with their drone feel free to post in this thread.
Thanks to all

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael Greece