DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

propeller problems

longhair

Reactions
MY MAVIC PRO FELL OVER 400 FEET IN MID AIR CAUSING TOTAL DESTRUCTION OF THE DRONE, IT WAS SENT TO DJI AND THEY SAID IT WAS A PROPULSION PROBLEM, WHAT EVER THAT MEANS, AS I PUSHED THE ISSUE, THEY TOOK FULL BLAME SAYING THAT THE PROPS HAD COME OFF, HOW MANY WHO KNOWS ,BUT WHEN I RECOVERED IT ALL THE PROPS WERE INTACT 2 WERE BROKEN, SO THEY ARE SENDING ME A NEW UNIT, BUT THEY WONT GIVE ME CREDIT FOR MY 40 DOLLAR WRAP, LANDING GEAR OR ANY WARRANTY UPGRADE, THEY KNOW THIS WAS A SERIOUS PROBLEM BUT THEY DONT WHAT TO DISCUSS IT, ANYBODY ELSE THAT HAS HAD THIS ISSUE?

Reactions: MiniPalourde
First, take the capslock off. Your post is difficult and annoying to read.

You also provide conflicting information. DJI says the props came off, but you say they didn't. You also say the props were all intact, but two were broken, which means they were not intact.

So, to sum up. DJI is replacing your drone for free because the "props came off" when you say they didn't. I would say you should be happy with that result and move on.

Propulsion could be caused by many things. Bad ESC, prop break or bird strike, obstruction of the motor (debris). I would hate to think that your props broke mid flight. Any prop strikes on prior flights?

DJI will never pay for the extras. I would just be happy getting a replacement to keep flying. It's kind of hard shelling out 1+k for a new craft after a crash.

Wow your complaining about $40 worth of wrap and some landing gear! Dude you need to go do some searches in the forum and find out what happens in a typical case like yours.

HINT: I can tell you it does not include a free drone replacement.

Rob

If you add mags to car or a hi tech sound system or a car kit and then crash it, im positive your insurance company wont pay out for those either. Be bloody grateful you getting a replacement drone and move on.

You should be glad DJI took full responsibility for what happened to you. Most guys aren't soo lucky . About your $40 worth in wraps and landing gear etc. I think the drone is worth way more .

Reactions: Flycaster
COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS, AND MOVE ON! DJI ONLY WARRANTIES THE DRONE, NOT YOUR ACCESSORIES. SO YOU TOTALLED YOUR DRONE AND IT'S ONLY GOING TO COST YOU $40 BUCKS? YOU MADE OUT LIKE A BANDIT!

Oh sorry, was I just shouting? That comment would have sounded much more civilized had I not used all caps, in bold, and bright red for that matter... and underlined, no less! Well I guess *I* learned something today!

Hi there Qoncussion, I usually "live" up in Sierra/Plumas county during the summer months flyfishing, and will be going up in a couple of weeks WITH my Mavic. Hit the Lakes Basin and Middle fork of the Feather. Also, buying a lot to build on for retirement.
Any other places up there you can recomennd? I live in the SF Bay area (the Land of Unicorns and Rainbows), Moraga, and would look forward to your suggestions...

Hi there Qoncussion, I usually "live" up in Sierra/Plumas county during the summer months flyfishing, and will be going up in a couple of weeks WITH my Mavic. Hit the Lakes Basin and Middle fork of the Feather. Also, buying a lot to build on for retirement.
Any other places up there you can recomennd? I live in the SF Bay area (the Land of Unicorns and Rainbows), Moraga, and would look forward to your suggestions...
Shoot me a PM. There are many areas near the lakes, that I've been meaning to shoot. I'll fill you in...

I've been using my Mavic Pro for close a a year and was very satisfied... Until I wasn't.
On my last flight, shortly after takeoff, as I was going forward, one of the rear propellers snapped and came off, causing the drone to fall to the ground.
Upon inspection, everything worked fine except for the gimbal support as one of the rubber bands that hold it snapped during the crash. Being that this happened before my 1 year warranty, I chose to send it to DJI, Big Mistake.
I received an email two weeks ago with a repair quote of $332. It included a bunch of parts that weren't affected during the crash (Gimbal and camera module, Gimbal arm module,...).
Now again the only real damage was to the gimbal plate that holds the gimbal itself.
I attempted to contact DJI regarding this matter and keep getting the run around about the malfunction of my Mavic Pro. Now 3 weeks into this I cannot get a definitive answer from DJI. They are unable to explain why this happened despite the fact that I uploaded all my flight logs and want to charge me for this malfunction.

I hope someone from DJI will see this and address the issue as my experience with customer service has been "BAD" at best.

I've been using my Mavic Pro for close a a year and was very satisfied... Until I wasn't.
On my last flight, shortly after takeoff, as I was going forward, one of the rear propellers snapped and came off, causing the drone to fall to the ground.
Upon inspection, everything worked fine except for the gimbal support as one of the rubber bands that hold it snapped during the crash. Being that this happened before my 1 year warranty, I chose to send it to DJI, Big Mistake.
I received an email two weeks ago with a repair quote of $332. It included a bunch of parts that weren't affected during the crash (Gimbal and camera module, Gimbal arm module,...).
Now again the only real damage was to the gimbal plate that holds the gimbal itself.
I attempted to contact DJI regarding this matter and keep getting the run around about the malfunction of my Mavic Pro. Now 3 weeks into this I cannot get a definitive answer from DJI. They are unable to explain why this happened despite the fact that I uploaded all my flight logs and want to charge me for this malfunction.

I hope someone from DJI will see this and address the issue as my experience with customer service has been "BAD" at best.
Welcome to the forums. You would be far better off starting a new thread to discuss your issue, as this thread has been dead since last September.

DJI does not monitor these forums, and basic propeller maintenance is up to you, the user. Flight logs don't account for the health of the props. I swap mine out about every 150 miles of air time, to prevent issues such as what you have described. Just tell DJI to repair the gimbal and return the drone to you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes