DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Props in video mavic pro

Gotcha. Any issues with the gimbal/camera when you don't use the dome that you know of? I'm sure it serves a purpose but I'm don't want to F up my Mavic.
It actually causes more issues when flying, I think it was more designed to protect the camera when not flying. Some people are concerned flying with it on will shorten life of Mavic as it blocks airflow to the intake fan which is right behind the gimbal. I would only put it on when storing the Mavic.

The dome is just there to protect it in transit. You shouldn't be using this on the Mavic in flight as this prevents the Mavic from circulating airflow throughout the Mavic to prevent overheating.

Various videos have gone up that prove this theory. The mavic is considerably more hotter with the hood compared to without the hood.

Perhaps use an ND filter to take away that glare.

The dome is just there to protect it in transit. You shouldn't be using this on the Mavic in flight as this prevents the Mavic from circulating airflow throughout the Mavic to prevent overheating.

Various videos have gone up that prove this theory. The mavic is considerably more hotter with the hood compared to without the hood.

Thanks for the feedback. I had no idea. I thought it was supposed to be used in flight. Duh! :)

It actually causes more issues when flying, I think it was more designed to protect the camera when not flying. Some people are concerned flying with it on will shorten life of Mavic as it blocks airflow to the intake fan which is right behind the gimbal. I would only put it on when storing the Mavic.

Thanks man. I'll do just that.

Feel like I'm cross-posting, as I just added this comment to another thread... But be aware that the gimbal clamp and the dome do not positively lock onto the MP. Any significant downward jolt (i.e. dropping the case or shipping it) will cause the camera/gimbal platform to literally push the clamp and dome right off the airframe. The little locking tab on the dome isn't strong enough to support the downward weight/force of the camera/gimbal assembly (as the rubber bands stretch). Unless your case has enough padding to put upward pressure on the bottom of the dome, it'll come off, leaving the camera/gimbal exposed to damaging movement during transit.

Hi all,

Does somebody faced the props while filming with the mavic pro? It is very annoying to me. Also I faced it when it is only in the air, with no control actions.

In the video I saw a continu a white circle rotating
very quick.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
I do

In one of the answers above, the poster tells the OP to NOT enable the 30 degree limit setting.
That can’t be correct. By not having that setting enabled the tilt will go beyond 30 degrees and potentially pull props into view.

You would want to enable that setting in order to limit the tilt to max of 30 degrees and thus avoid the props from being included in view.

Gotcha. Any issues with the gimbal/camera when you don't use the dome that you know of? I'm sure it serves a purpose but I'm don't want to F up my Mavic.
I've never flown with the gimbal dome on... otherwise I'm very careful with transporting it, using the gimbal clamp and the dome cover at all times.
The lens on the camera stays surprisingly clean, no dust or moisture issues.

In one of the answers above, the poster tells the OP to NOT enable the 30 degree limit setting.
That can’t be correct. By not having that setting enabled the tilt will go beyond 30 degrees and potentially pull props into view.

You would want to enable that setting in order to limit the tilt to max of 30 degrees and thus avoid the props from being included in view.

Had to respond to my own response since my response was wrong. By enabling Upwards Gimbal Tilt to 30 degrees, you would run the risk of capturing props in the video , as Scapegoat correctly stated. Sorry about that!
Found this short video on YouTube about the Gimbal Settings:

Fly with dome off. Get a lens hood to replace it and it will help with sun glare.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky