DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Props

m0j0

Reactions
Ok guys, I have a question I put the props on my Mavic when I received it months ago (sorry guys who don't have one) . How often do you remove your props. I put mine on and have yet to take them off. How often do you folks, who have a Mavic, actually take the props off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same here, I basically do not store it with the props on in my bag, I only put them on when I get ready to fly, same as my P3.

I leave mine on unless doing a firmware update. I always give a check before flight.

I have never taken them off since receiving my Mavic end November (close to 100 flights).

I leave my props on. Although I make sure the props do not touch the mavic when I store it in my Pelican. I have made cuts in the Pelican foam so that there is no load being applied on the props. If I were to put it in a soft bag, I'll most likely to remove them.

Once on I never remove them. I figure the fewer times you have to lock/unlock the blades the better so the locking mechanism does not wear out. Always check though before flight that they are secure.

Reactions: Logger
I don't take them off ever. Haven't had as much of a hiccup with my Mavic. I think it's time I take them off and really do a critical exam to ensure that there are no indications of wear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why do you guys take them off when you do firmware updates?
During a firmware update, there is a possibility that the motors could start up at full throttle... not good. It has happened in the past and DJI always recommends to remove during firmware updates.

Reactions: skypros
What? Has this actually ever happened

I have not taken them off since it arrived (15 odd flights).

Probably a good idea to do an inspection soon.

Ok guys, I have a question I put the props on my Mavic when I received it months ago (sorry guys who don't have one) . How often do you remove your props. I put mine on and have yet to take them off. How often do you folks, who have a Mavic, actually take the props off.
I leave them on all the time because even when storing it makes me nervous that the tips of the motors could get damaged. Leaving them on protects the motors.
Marty

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21