DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PUMPED - Just ordered

Canes76

Reactions
Just ordered the Mavic Pro Fly More and a Osmo Mobile from B&H...
I might have to wait a little while, but excited!

Also, excited to be a part of the community!

Reactions: Mavikhan
Congratulations. What other drones/rc do you fly? Get ready to fall in love with this little machine.

Congrats! The mavic was my first drone and I have found that I naturally am a very good pilot! Take good care of it and she will give you years of enjoyment!

I have flown a P4, but this will be my first drone...back in the day, I had some custom RC buggies and trucks...
I have some digital media background and looking forward to creating some cool vids...

Reactions: endlezzdrifter
Watch as many YouTube videos as you can. There is a decent learning curve with these products. They can be plug and play, I suppose, but that can lead to trouble. Take it easy at first and learn all you can. Good luck!

Watch as many YouTube videos as you can. There is a decent learning curve with these products. They can be plug and play, I suppose, but that can lead to trouble. Take it easy at first and learn all you can. Good luck!

Do you have some good ones I should check out? I have watched a few, but wanted to see if there were a few I should watch!

Congrats! The mavic was my first drone and I have found that I naturally am a very good pilot! Take good care of it and she will give you years of enjoyment!

Well...after flying RC helos for years I would liken the experience to guiding the Mavic vs flying it ! They have really perfected the stability and the challenge is far more not doing something stupid like flying it into something, not knowing how to config and use RTH and flying it in urban areas where it RTH's into a building on the way home !

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Congrats and welcome! I just got very lucky and my Mavic was delivered yesterday after a VERY short wait (ordered from BestBuy.com on Thursday)...so I have exactly ONE flight under my belt.

Honestly, the experience was a bit scary -- DJI's instructions are almost worthless and I found the app to be VERY, VERY complicated. Still, I took my time, watched a bunch of videos, and was able to get the thing flying without too much trouble....other than a touch of vertigo.

NOTE -- despite having flown just once, I can already see that drones present a major privacy issue. All I did was fly straight up (in beginner mode) over my own property and snap a few photos. After looking at the pics on my large PC screen, I realized I could see into all of my neighbors' yards. If you wanted, you could cruise over these homes and get a really clear view into areas which would normally be private.

I think I'll focus on flying in more public areas (parks, etc.)

DJI_0005.JPG

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78