DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about gimbal placement

I'm so so...inhave a soldering iron, but I wouldn't say it's a "good" one. But it sounds I may need to take it to an electronics repair shop. Does replacing just the joint require soldering?

Reactions: mereflyer
If it were me, I would not fly it like that. You need at least a right rear arm joint possibly the whole arm if you can't find the joint alone.

I found just the joint. From the research I've done, you have to unsolder the 3 wires regardless of whether or not you are replacing the joint or the whole arm. Since this seems to be the case, should I just replace the whole arm? I also found a cell phone repair shop in town that has soldering techs that will solder the wires for me.

I would recommend buying OEM DJI parts, but if you cant, then inspect the part very carefully when you get it.

I sell them for $15 each shipped Paypal USA. All have been inspected.

Due to your knowledge and help on this subject, I'd be happy to buy off of you. How do I co about doing so? Feel free to message me.

Reactions: mereflyer
Yes it is. Then you just have to unscrew 3 screws, unsolder the the 3 wires, remove and replace.

Found one! What do you know about the soldering irons on Amazon for around $20 that heat to 800+ degrees? I was thinking of picking one of them up since I don't do much soldering at all and since it says it reaches the desired temps. The one I saw was called a TasiHome SOLREP 2000. Nothing fancy at all, but seems to be all I need. Do you have a recommended solder I should look for?

Found one! What do you know about the soldering irons on Amazon for around $20 that heat to 800+ degrees? I was thinking of picking one of them up since I don't do much soldering at all and since it says it reaches the desired temps. The one I saw was called a TasiHome SOLREP 2000. Nothing fancy at all, but seems to be all I need. Do you have a recommended solder I should look for?

I gotta run out but just a quick response. If you are not good at soldering, please dont try it. Let the gadget guy you found do it. Solder tends to splatter if you heat it up for too long, or its cheap solder. The last thing you want is solder splatter getting into your chips and transistors.

I gotta run out but just a quick response. If you are not good at soldering, please dont try it. Let the gadget guy you found do it. Solder tends to splatter if you heat it up for too long, or its cheap solder. The last thing you want is solder splatter getting into your chips and transistors.

I'll heed your advice! Thanks for all of your help!

a picture paints a thousand words
hi Rob glad my post gave you inspiration for a new thread pictures worth a thousand words not sure if we are going to get any worthwhile snow to photograph at the moment

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acott