DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question engine

Tony911

Reactions
Today, I normally checked the MP after a flight. Touching the engines, in one I perceived a slightly higher temperature than the other three which had the same temperature. I thought that something generated friction and so by hand, I tried to turn the engine casing comparing it with the others. When doing this operation, turning the box, you notice a "roughness" when it rotates. In doing so, I noticed that the engines have different "roughness". In fact, front left and rear right, show a "harder roughness", while the front right and rear left have a "softer roughness. Does it happen to you that an engine heats up more? Do you also have this difference in motors mounted in the diagonal axes?

How many hours has your MP been flown for? What environments has it been flown in, e.g. sandy, dusty? They should all be much the same temperature..

Reactions: Former Member
Today, I normally checked the MP after a flight. Touching the engines, in one I perceived a slightly higher temperature than the other three which had the same temperature. I thought that something generated friction and so by hand, I tried to turn the engine casing comparing it with the others. When doing this operation, turning the box, you notice a "roughness" when it rotates. In doing so, I noticed that the engines have different "roughness". In fact, front left and rear right, show a "harder roughness", while the front right and rear left have a "softer roughness. Does it happen to you that an engine heats up more? Do you also have this difference in motors mounted in the diagonal axes?
I would see what @Thunderdrones has to say about it, doesn't sound quite right to me. You could also post a tablet DAT file of a flight and we could compare motor temps and current draw etc.

Does it feel "lumpy" Maybe a bent shaft. Or bearing brinneled.
Does it feel gritty? Maybe dirt/sand inside.

...front left and rear right, show a "harder roughness", while the front right and rear left have a "softer roughness...
Regarding the "roughness" difference between the two pairs, are you turning them in their intended direction of spin? One set turns clockwise and the other turns anti-clockwise.

The MP flies perfect, the engines run perfectly, what I point out is that if you try to run the engines by hand, do not run smooth but go to small shots. If you turn this rotation fast, you will feel like a roughness. The engines inside do not have foreign bodies that can cause this. What I know, is that the four engines, form two pairs with different resistance. Try to rotate them with your fingers, sensibly you will notice a different smoothness, between the right and left engines, but the same if you try transversely. If you deny me, I will change drug dealer :)

Reactions: SteveM
...if you try to run the engines by hand, do not run smooth but go to small shots...
You may be feeling the magnetic polarity change. I will try this myself later today and see if I have the same results.
...If you deny me, I will change drug dealer :)
???

Hi Mossiback, I feel this difference in resistance under my fingers, I do not think it's a hallucination :)

My curiosity got the better of me so I just went to my car and tested my MP. I did not notice any difference between the motors when rotating. The direction of rotation made no difference. When rotating very slowly I could feel the effect of the magnets giving a subtle jerkiness. But all movements were not what I would call rough; in fact, when spinning faster there seemed to be little to no resistance.

I express myself badly, I can not find the right word. The engines are hard differently. With one hand take the right engine, with the other the left engine, now try to make them turn, the sensitivity will be different.

If it is not in your MPs, engines of different types, but always performing in the function, have been assembled in mine

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs