DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range/Signal Issues

Suren

Reactions
Has anyone else noticed after the latest update that flying with the RC Pro at a distance away the signal drops 1 bar from full then suddenly its dead. Previously it would gradually drop a signal bar at a time until it goes to red before a disconnect. Today 2 flights same area and it went from full to drop 1 bar to no signal and when it reconnects the signal bar is zero and then in red. I could flly this same area before with n isses prior to the 0700 update. Still have no Airsense has well, a medic helicopter went over and was 1km from drone and no warning at all.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
I lost track of how long I have been waiting for the Mini 3 to be delivered , however I get the feeling there is some kind of issue with the Signal that is delaying the Release .

By the way Does the Mini 3 have zoom in the Picture mode ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
I lost track of how long I have been waiting for the Mini 3 to be delivered , however I get the feeling there is some kind of issue with the Signal that is delaying the Release .

By the way Does the Mini 3 have zoom in the Picture mode ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
I have not tried zoom in picture mode but will surely check for you.

Well Late night action over here confused me. ! Mini 3 Pro is what I was referring to. @Suren seems to be ontop of these drones.
Just trying to gather if the picture has zoom ability as i Fear I may never get one this year the Mini 3 Pro .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Some feedback and my fix for this issues.

I downgraded my RC Pro back to 0700 then 0600 and this is where the signal bar now works as it should and my range has increased alot, getting at least 1.5km more as compared to 0800. I also downgraded the drone to 0700. The drone now flys nicely again with no issues. RC Pro has no more crashes like I was having on 0700 and 0800.

Reactions: GadgetGuy

I downgraded my RC Pro back to 0700 then 0600 and this is where the signal bar now works as it should and my range has increased alot, getting at least 1.5km more as compared to 0800. I also downgraded the drone to 0700. The drone now flys nicely again with no issues. RC Pro has no more crashes like I was having on 0700 and 0800.
This is critical , awesome post

Reactions: GadgetGuy and Suren

I did a subsequent flight test on 0800 and had no issues with range compared to prior FW, and also had no crashes. However, there is clearly some buggy code in 0800 that one can trip over. Are you also currently testing a new Beta that might clean up that code?

Not sure which RC Pro FW first offered this capability, but it is a major coup, for those that hate the heart attack beeping like me!

Have you checked it is still in FCC mode and not dropped to CE mode, I flew my Mavic 3 yesterday using the RC1 in CE mode & the RC Pro in FCC mode the difference was staggering, CE mode was awful, felt like the drone was on a short leash, range was dire.

Have you checked it is still in FCC mode and not dropped to CE mode, I flew my Mavic 3 yesterday using the RC1 in CE mode & the RC Pro in FCC mode the difference was staggering, CE mode was awful, felt like the drone was on a short leash, range was dire.
So your RC Pro is hacked for FCC, while the RC-N1 is still in CE by default?

Yup, I had sincoder do the hack after upgrading to 0800 and it was like flying in CE mode but that was not the main issue. It was that the signal bar on the RC Pro went from 5 to 4 bars then down to 0. Not the gradual signal decrease that we normally see like white bars then to orange then to red, it just goes dead while flying

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1