DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RAW images not working since update v.0800

Two things since the latest upgrade to .800: I lost RAW too since the latest upgrade. Only choice is .jpg. And, NFZ would not allow a take-off when I was about 5 miles from a small airport.

I know exactly what happened. Android Nougat users cannot use DJI Go of any sort size shape or description without crashes. So DJI in an attempt to be an equal aggravation supplier messed up some stuff for Apple users.

I am on 4.0.7 and .700 Samsung Tab S2 and PC and I can tell you there is no way I am "Downgrading" to the newer versions.

When I right clicked and tried to Save Image As nada

When I copied image it opened up fine in Irfan View

Downloaded the file and it opens in MS Picture Viewer

I looked at the file information and was very surprised at the low number of pixels. View attachment 15134 View attachment 15134
The 960x540 is the jpeg that's embedded in the raw file for preview purposes.

UPDATE: I cranked up the Mavic this morning and checked the camera settings and found that the new upgrade defaulted to shooting .JPG only. Changed to JPG plus RAW and shot a few pics. The RAW shots are there and opened up as RAW in Photoshop Elements. All is well.

Thanks I'll try this. Frustrating to see that when I choose raw It's jpg.

So if i was to go down down this route, how do i go about rolling back the actual DJI GO 4 app software?
I'm aware of how to do the firmware on the Mavic and the RC, but i'm guessing that it's not going to work properly unless the DJI GO 4 app is on the same version right?

So if i was to go down down this route, how do i go about rolling back the actual DJI GO 4 app software?
I'm aware of how to do the firmware on the Mavic and the RC, but i'm guessing that it's not going to work properly unless the DJI GO 4 app is on the same version right?

Are you using Android or ugh apple

Android all versions available here

DJI GO 4 APKs - APKMirror

Same here. Can't preview raw images anymore on Mac. They are just blacked out. Very frustrating. Reset camera. Tried everything.

I am able to open RAW images using Adobe Lightroom. Thats been my only work around so far. But as i just posted a little while ago, i'm now looking at reverting back to an older version of firmware and DJI GO software..... at least until all the bugs are sorted out

I am able to open RAW images using Adobe Lightroom. Thats been my only work around so far. But as i just posted a little while ago, i'm now looking at reverting back to an older version of firmware and DJI GO software..... at least until all the bugs are sorted out

I will revert back to previous firmware also. This is killer on time not being able to preview files.

Yes , I had the same problem after I upgrade to the 800 version.
Also one of may battery the 2 intermediate lamb had on for ever.
I forced to downgrade the firmware again and upgrade again 3 times to solve this issue.

can the DJI Assistant roll back the GO 4 app?
I thought the assistant could only be used for the Mavic itself and the controller.

can the DJI Assistant roll back the GO 4 app?
I thought the assistant could only be used for the Mavic itself and the controller.
It is not application issue, it is firmware issue , dowelgrade the firmware for both mavic and controller then upgrade again.
This will solve the raw issue.
It seemed that your upgrade is not fully uploaded.

It is not application issue, it is firmware issue , dowelgrade the firmware for both mavic and controller then upgrade again.
This will solve the raw issue.
It seemed that your upgrade is not fully uploaded.

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up. Will try tonight and see how it goes.

Why can you be sure it is not the Mac. Is it a valid file according to the Adobe DNG standard??

I don't think all .DNGs are alike. I've had a few cameras that shoot RAW .DNGs but need manufacturer specific updates to get them to work. DJI probably ****** with their version of DNG encoding in the latest update.

I'm getting RAW files that are embedded with a processing in my Lightroom library. I'm guessing choosing RAW is actually JPG now. WTF?

I'm getting RAW files that are embedded with a processing in my Lightroom library. I'm guessing choosing RAW is actually JPG now. WTF?
Raw files are always raw. Every DJI DNG file contains a jpg preview and processing information (like lens data).
This is all normal and has not been changed.
Since DNG is an Adobe standard the only instance that can check if your DNG files are valid, is Adobe.
Macbooks having issues does not say anything about the file format validity.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard