DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Gimbal Horizon tilt adjustment

I am curious why you would wont to adjust it. You move the gimble where you wont it when flying??

I hope I'm understanding your question but correct me if I'm mistaken. I've done gimbal adjustments while flying, but it can be tricky in my particular area as the land around me has natural dips. With that being said, I was more so curious if this is an issue with using the dji go app on Android versus ios.

So I posed this question on dji's forum and received an update from a dji representative. Dji-mindy reached out to the dji engineers and confirmed that the shortcut is an ios only feature. As an Android user, I find it particularly annoying to know that I'm limited in features for my aircraft due to the OS my phone uses. At least I have an answer now.

Reactions: kona
On iOS, is the change "permanent" until next time adjusted? I have a slight constant tilt on my horizon when filming with the Mavic

On iOS, is the change "permanent" until next time adjusted? I have a slight constant tilt on my horizon when filming with the Mavic
On my iPhone 6s it's not permanent. Everytime I fly I have to manually adjust the gimbal tilt, which is annoying to say the least.

Gimbal horizon adjustement with C2 + right Wheel don't works for me ...

Android DJI GO 4.1.22 + Mavic 1.03.0900

Works with Litchi 4.1.2 ....

Gimbal horizon adjustement with C2 + right Wheel don't works for me ...

Android DJI GO 4.1.22 + Mavic 1.03.0900

Works with Litchi 4.1.2 ....

Funny to still see this thread going. From my prior comment, DJI confirmed that this is an iOS feature only. I'm one of the lucky few that has multiple devices (thank you work phone) and I was able to nab the iPhoneX. To be frank, while I'm still not a fan of iOS in the least bit (I love my s8+ and I'm itching for the s9+), I have to say that these products are definitely built for iOS first, with android getting second servings. Just the whole feel of the app is different, and things as simple as a gimbal adjust being a "feature" on iOS screams, "we don't want to code for all the various android OS's on the market." Sadly.... until DJI states differently, you want this feature native to the DJI app (I can't speak for third parties), you gotta get an Apple product.

So i know some people with Android DJI GO 4 and the feature is ok.

You speaking about the feature that you can obtain within the menu, or the actual physical hotkey/shortcut? I'm referring to Android lacking the hotkey/shortcut functionality.

The physical hotkey/shortcut (long press C2 + right wheel)

Not sure what Android device your buddy is using, but I just tried with the Samsung S8+, loaded with the latest (non flashed) OS and latest DJI 4 update and the hotkey did not work.

Ok, so the people who claim it work with Android DJI GO App are liars !

Thanks curtismyhero

And no Thanks to DJI ...

Lol no problem! Again, based on the nature of all the different versions of Android OS, coupled with DJI 4, there "could" be a version where the two allow the hotkey functionality. Unfortunately for those that stay on top of the FW updates, this is not the case (at least for Samsung run devices). I hope DJI announces this soon for us Android folks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31