DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro Controller - Bricked?

Bobbogee

Reactions
Yesterday I updated the firmware on my RC Pro controller to whatever the latest version is, and all appeared ok after the update. I was able to go into settings and check everything out, etc.

Afterwards I plugged the controller into the charger to give it a full charge and left it overnight. This morning when I checked it again, there is only a single green light at the top and it does not respond at all to the power up sequence (short press, then another longer). It just continually flashes the single green light, and the power button does not respond at all.

Does anyone have any insight into what is going on, or how to fix this?

Well, that was stupid! Everything is now resolved, apparently when I thought that I was charging my controller, the cable or charger that I was using wasn't actually charging the controller and instead must have discharged it. Switching to a new combination and now it is charged to 3 lights and turns on.

It must have discharged to the point that the power button would not activate. Thanks for your silent good wishes!

Mine is Bricked?? Bought two months ago - charged per instructions before using w/Mavic 3 charger. No problem, and have used and recharged approx. ten time. Have not used for two weeks. It would not turn on. Plugged charger in, will not light up and charge. tried charger on old basic controller and that lights up, so charger is fine. Any ideas of what. is wrong ?

It sounds as if the battery took it's last breath, kicked the bucket, gone to it's maker, Karked, passed on, DEAD. (Sorry Monty Python) DJI also makes controllers self discharge it seems and yours dropped it's voltage to below 3 volts (at a guess). Put a multimeter across the battery and see what voltage it displays. if it's any less than 3 volts then it's any of the above. Spares are available, but I advise you buy an original, if you can afford it. If not, shop around for the best price on AliExpress. I recently purchased the button board for the Mavic Pro controller and prices varied from $100 down to $39. Identical boards too.. A small tip, check the polarity of the battery before you plug it in. I purchased a replacement battery for an Intercom system and luckily I checked and the leads were switched. If I had just plugged it in that magic smoke would have appeared.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman