DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Pro - Remote Controller Update

RocketBrew

Reactions
RC Pro - Remote Controller V03.01.0500 (1328.23 MB)

Added support to DJI RC Pro to output clean HDMI footage.
Added support for DJI RC Pro to cache video and download original video to an external SD Card.
Added support to use DJI RC Pro with DJI Air 2S.
Fixed some minor bugs.

RC Pro - Remote Controller V03.01.0500 (1328.23 MB)

Added support to DJI RC Pro to output clean HDMI footage.
Added support for DJI RC Pro to cache video and download original video to an external SD Card.
Added support to use DJI RC Pro with DJI Air 2S.
Fixed some minor bugs.
Nice! Especially the cache/ download to sdcard. Been waiting for this one. No Air 2 yet. Oh well. It will come.

Nice! Especially the cache/ download to sdcard. Been waiting for this one. No Air 2 yet. Oh well. It will come.
I downloaded the new update V03.01.0500 for DJI RC Pro controller. Do you know how to setup the cache/ download to sdcard on the DJI RC Pro controller? I always have to manually move the files over to the SD card to avoid the insufficient space message.

Attachments

• DJI Insufficient Space.jpg
    DJI Insufficient Space.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 6
Yes. In Settings, go here:

20220124_134818.jpg
then you can enable it...
20220124_140143.jpg
I actually wiped the controller after moving all media to the sdcard, then used a fresh 256 gb card, but as you can see it will migrate the data for you. I just wanted a clean slate.

Reactions: Rocker4jmav
Thanks for the instructions. I did the same on mine and it worked. Question now though is how do you view that cache? Did some tests and shot 20 seconds of video and took three photos with the drone sitting on my table. The Fly app shows the photos and video but I can't find them in the folders and when using the GALLERY application, it doesn't find anything either. I thought the point of having the gallery app was so you could view the cached photos and such.

View attachment 142613
View attachment 142614
I actually wiped the controller after moving all media to the sdcard, then used a fresh 256 gb card, but as you can see it will migrate the data for you. I just wanted a clean slate.
Unfortunately the DJI RC PRO V2 does not have that setting. Maybe on their next firmware update? Screenshot_20220124-224058.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220124-224545.png
    Screenshot_20220124-224545.png
    72 KB · Views: 11
Unfortunately the DJI RC PRO V2 does not have that setting. Maybe on their next firmware update? View attachment 142619

Took me a bit to find it since there are so many places that say SETTINGS. Where you want to look is to launch the Fly app then go to PROFILE then SETTINGS. Turn the RC Pro on without the drone powered up so it doesn't to into the camera view. Profile will be at the bottom just left of center.

Reactions: suade8880
Thanks for the instructions. I did the same on mine and it worked. Question now though is how do you view that cache? Did some tests and shot 20 seconds of video and took three photos with the drone sitting on my table. The Fly app shows the photos and video but I can't find them in the folders and when using the GALLERY application, it doesn't find anything either. I thought the point of having the gallery app was so you could view the cached photos and such.
You can only see as much as you set the cache for. You will all see the cached files when connected to the Drone. The ones with the little down arrows are cached as place holders. After changing storage location, selecting them will let the downloads go straight to SD card, not using up ANY internal memory. I wasn't seeing all the files while not connected, until i selected a bigger cache setting, so you will see files for Hyperlapses, Mastershots etc. If you only seem to show the cached files when connected, its why I did a factory wipe. You can go nuts between the gallery, DCIM, App Album, "Export from Album" - it's madness trying to figure out the file structure when Fly App won't show WHERE they are in info. I have CX File Explorer and the similar File Manager+ (get them at a good APK site) and still it's confusing at times. Now that I have a clean system and SDcard, the whole mess is much cleaner.

Here is another important thing: Now that your using the sdcard, go to the 3 dot menu in DJI Fly; near the bottom bump your Max Video Cache capacity to 16 Gb. You could try Auto but I don't know what its parameters are. Remember as you hit max Cache, older files will be dumped as new ones are saved. A low setting of 2 Gb, won't even hold ONE 3.4 Gb video (largest size before the system saves and starts a new file if you continue shooting) You won't cache much at 2 gb.

I am getting close to a happy setup. Now if ANYONE knows how to get Quick Transfer working on RC Pro please chime in. DJI Support is worthless. Told me to "Forget" the IPV6 SSID on MY PHONE. Most of the support people don't even know what the RC Pro is. Told me it would be 2 days to tell me how to resolve the password required to connect to it. I only know Bluetooth, Location and Wifi all need to be on, but I'm still not getting Quick Transfer. It's a work in progress.

View attachment 142613
View attachment 142614
Awesome! Thank you so much for providing the instructions. I did not know the settings were hidden under profile. I was able to switch over the location. :)

Attachments

• RCPro-SDCardStorage.jpg
    RCPro-SDCardStorage.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: DJW43
Awesome! Thank you so much for providing the instructions. I did not know the settings were hidden under profile. I was able to switch over the location. :)
Glad you got squared away. This is what I like most about the forum and the community. If I can just figure out RC Pro Quick Transfer, or someone else does and shares it, the stars will be in alignment; the world will be in equilibrium; karma will be working its magic! 🧙‍♂️🪄

Houston, we have a problem. DJI Support could not help me enable and use Quick Transfer on the RC Pro. They kept asking me to do stuff, like "Forget the drone wifi AP/SSID" in Network Settings... on YOUR PHONE. Run "Reset Network Settings... on YOUR PHONE, and so on. This is not the first time I have had to patiently explain to support that RC Pro does not use a phone. Theres not one single rep I have spoken to in first level that really knows what the RC Pro is. So now that we get this great, massive FW Update, V01.00.0500, RC Pro FW v03.01.0500 and 2 updates of DJI Fly 1.5.8 (there was a second, higher build number released today) - and we get SDCard as primary storage, the next thing is to get better than 5 MB/s Download SPEED. Its way too slow.

Guess what? RC Pro Owners: There will be NO Quick Transfer for you. DJI posted another update to the User Manual V1.4:

Go to Page 31 and you get THIS lovely surprise:
Quick Trans.JPG
Really? REALLY DJI? I am flipping furious. This is not a statement that's in any way ambiguous. Its end game and out. You mean MINI 2 Users can transfer at 80 MB/s and my $4400 USD Mavic 3 rig CANNOT do so, and won't do so? They better try and find a way or I'll be asking for a full refund for all of it. I will not keep any of this if this is where we are with the "Pro" controller that I had to buy separately outside of a Fly More. With a willingness to wait for features, knowing that DJI in general delivers on performance claims.

NOT happy. I hav reached out to DJI support and copied SALES as well. Marketing needs to take the IPV6 8 MB/s Transfer claim DOWN or put a huge asterisk saying "Except if you buy the hugely marked up Smart Controller Refresh.

Grrrrr.

What's different between quick transfer and simply copying the files from the drone to the controller? I found that if the drone is on and connected to the remote I can go into the Fly app under ALBUMS and see all the video on the drone. You can copy it to the controller from there. Not sure why you would copy video but I could see if you wanted to copy a JPG photo immediately after shooting and upload it to your Instagram or something then you could. Otherwise I'll just pull the card and transfer the files directly to my PC. Much faster in a reader.

Houston, we have a problem. DJI Support could not help me enable and use Quick Transfer on the RC Pro. They kept asking me to do stuff, like "Forget the drone wifi AP/SSID" in Network Settings... on YOUR PHONE. Run "Reset Network Settings... on YOUR PHONE, and so on. This is not the first time I have had to patiently explain to support that RC Pro does not use a phone. Theres not one single rep I have spoken to in first level that really knows what the RC Pro is. So now that we get this great, massive FW Update, V01.00.0500, RC Pro FW v03.01.0500 and 2 updates of DJI Fly 1.5.8 (there was a second, higher build number released today) - and we get SDCard as primary storage, the next thing is to get better than 5 MB/s Download SPEED. Its way too slow.

Guess what? RC Pro Owners: There will be NO Quick Transfer for you. DJI posted another update to the User Manual V1.4:

Go to Page 31 and you get THIS lovely surprise:
View attachment 142654
Really? REALLY DJI? I am flipping furious. This is not a statement that's in any way ambiguous. Its end game and out. You mean MINI 2 Users can transfer at 80 MB/s and my $4400 USD Mavic 3 rig CANNOT do so, and won't do so? They better try and find a way or I'll be asking for a full refund for all of it. I will not keep any of this if this is where we are with the "Pro" controller that I had to buy separately outside of a Fly More. With a willingness to wait for features, knowing that DJI in general delivers on performance claims.

NOT happy. I hav reached out to DJI support and copied SALES as well. Marketing needs to take the IPV6 8 MB/s Transfer claim DOWN or put a huge asterisk saying "Except if you buy the hugely marked up Smart Controller Refresh.

Grrrrr.
I'm confused...isn't this called QuickTransfer? I know the Mini 2 has it, but on checking my Air2S now, I am getting maybe 5 MB/s and no way to enable it. Am I missing something!?

Hi - don't want to create separate topic, so will ask here - is the clean HDMI output of controller in HD or UHD? Also can it be HDR signal? Thanks in advance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM